11.21.2010

I've held off talking about Christmas for this long....

Confession: I'm ready for Christmas. Confession #2: I was ready for Christmas in August. I love it. I love everything about it. I love the music, the spirit, the reason we celebrate, the lights on temple square, the jolliness of it, the smell of pine, the giving, the happy commercials on TV, the warm socks, the hot chocolate, etc, etc.

I'm so excited to spend it with these two little people. Last Christmas, I was sick as a dog (yes, morning sickness started about a week before I even took the pregnancy test) and it was a few days after Christmas that we found out our family was growing. Now, almost a year later, I have these 4 little eyes that greet me every morning.

Talk about an amazing year with LOTS to be thankful for.



(for the life of me, I can't get a picture of both of them smiling at the same time. Really, I have 26 variations of this picture and not a single one has both of them looking at me/smiling. In fact, I don't think I have a picture of both of them smiling on ANY picture. That's crazy since I've filled up a 4G memory card since these guys were born...)

Anyways, a HUGE part of why I love the Christmas season so much is the music. Back in 2007, my best pal Fro and I attended this concert in Salt Lake. One of her professors was Lloyd Newell and he kindly gave her a pair of tickets with REALLY good seats. We were lucky enough to be about 20 feet from President Hinckley and Elder Eyring. The concert was amazing, but one of my favorite songs (and definitely the most hilarious) of the night was this (it's long, but watch it. You'll love it.)



Not only did we see the concert once, but we went standby and saw it again. Yep, I love Christmas music. So much.

And although I realize that there is much controversy as to when one should start celebrating Christmas, I've secretly never really stopped celebrating it. I have a Christmas playlist on my ipod that I visit at least once a month during the year.

Here are a few more favorites from Tabernacle Choir concerts I've also attended.





Is anyone else as excited as I am???

6 comments:

  1. i'm currently downloading 5-discs worth of sufjan stevens christmas music. so infer from that what you will. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Sissel concert. I missed out on the random selection this year and last year. 2 years of no MoTab Christmas concert - I'm ready to cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: Are you sick of me commenting on your blog yet? It seems like I have something to say about every post. It's probably annoying. :)

    Second: I was at that same concert where they sang the 12 Days of Christmas. It's definitely my least favorite Christmas song, but they did a really good job with it.

    Third: I started writing a Christmas music post tonight too. So I guess I'm a post copier as well as an annoying commenter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have sissel on your blog. No shame. No shame.

    Also, David Archuleta this year? Are you freakin' kidding me? I think whoever picks the guest artist has a serious case of falling standards. My hope for a visit from Celine Dion has diminished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh my goodness. I've been soooo excited for Christmas this year! I started (online) shopping in August. Hahaha... little does my husband know :) But AH! I'm totally with you - Christmas is THE best time of the year. So happy you get to enjoy it with your daughters this year!!!

    (how many more times can I say "year"...?)

    ReplyDelete