Today is Lacy's birthday. It's funny how close you can get to someone after only knowing them 4 years, but I feel like I've known her my entire life.
Not only have we investigated strange sock shops

eaten more sno cones than previously thought possible
{first in line on opening day=sno cone family feeling creeped on, but offering free sno cones in return. Also, look how small the babies were back in May}and gone to Disneyland
{This is SO NOT from the trip we took, but the one she took with The Han. I just thought it was a lovely picture and wanted it to be on my blog}but we've become best friends
(I know the term best friends might not mean much when you consider several people you best friend, but it's true. I'm lucky enough to have multiple bests)
She's been with me through everything over the last 4 years. Adjusting to college, helping me wash my hair when my arms were in casts {hilarious...}, and making me laugh in the midst of meltdowns {trust me, there have been many}. She'd skip class with me simply because it was raining, or we had a craving for brownie batter {and would sneak brownie batter in to movie theaters with me} . She's been with me through some of the most excruciating college classes, roommate drama {none with her. EVER.}, boy drama {heck, we even dated the SAME boy! That was the only point in our relationship where even a tiny sliver of drama occurred, and it didn't even occur, it's was just hysterically awkward for a few weeks. Still laughing about that...} She was with me to listen about my relationship with Josh. We've had random dance parties {just for fun or to the homework Gods}, and she is one of two people I know that truly appreciates Titanic {Fro being the other} She was there with me MINUTES after my c-section to cheer me up while Josh was in the NICU. {If that's not love, I don't know what is because I can tell you, I WASN'T pretty} She's always got a fresh perspective on what to do in virtually any situation and she's one of the most supportive people I know. So here's to you, Miss Lacy Davis. I hope you have a kick-ass {yes, I swore on my blog for you} 23rd birthday.
I can't promise your cake will be as good as it was in 2008 because I'll be making it instead of Josh. {Don't worry though, I bought candles that say 23 instead of 22. I promise I know we're not 21...}
Happy birthday, Lacy Lynn. I hope people are nice to you today. If not, let me know and I will stab them in the armpit.{Bet you've never had anyone offer to do that for ya, right? Don't worry, I've got your back}

I hope you have a kick-ass day, too, Lacy! Seriously the best roommate anyone could ask for. Seriously. Can't wait to parrrtttaaaayyyyyy with you tonight!
ReplyDeleteagh! can we talk about how incredibly awesome you are! for serious. i love you and almost teared up while reading it. you are the best ever.
ReplyDeleteOhh, happy day!! What a fabulous tribute to a fabulous gal :) Love all the fun pictures!
ReplyDelete