11.09.2010

3 months

Can you believe that the twins are 3 months old today? 3 months ago, I was stiff as a board and still had several hours ahead of me until I could really meet the babies I had just delivered. It's weird to think of life before these little girls entered our world. How boring it must have been! These little ladies keep us on our toes, make us laugh hysterically, make us cry out of exhaustion, and make us love in a way I never thought possible. We're still getting up at least one (or two...or five) times during the night and they've FINALLY grown out of all their newborn clothes. They still have plenty of room to grow in most of their 0-3 month clothes and are going through about 15 diapers (10-12 of them are cloth) and 4 outfits a day (hopefully less now because I've got bibs permanently fastened to their necks. And it's not so much spit up, but a constant stream of saliva). They love to be held (makes it tricky for their mama to get anything done around the house because of it) and go crazy when Josh gets home from work (really, they loooooove him) and still love getting out of the house as much as I do.

My little babies went from this


to this
and this

to this



Crazy.

I've heard from almost every experienced mom that the 3 months mark is when it starts to get easier. I'm hoping that's the case. Even though the babies are comparable to 2 month olds in size, they are hitting all the 3 month marks as far as development goes. So, here's to hope. I hope they start sleeping through the night and I hope they start to get distracted by even the most simple of toys soon so I don't feel as guilty putting them down to shower or to grab a bite to eat.
(I think them playing would lessen the guilt as apposed to leaving them screaming)

Even if they don't do those things for another 3 months, I wouldn't change it for the world. We love our little buddies.

4 comments:

  1. that chunk!! they are adorable!

    i can't believe that those pictures were taken three months ago! they have grown so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy 3 months to the girls! I love the chub. Isn't it the best? I just giggle the whole time I give Ellie baths because it's just so dang cute. And I'm glad Ellie's not alone in the world of drool and permanent bibs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theodore still doesn't sleep through the night.

    ReplyDelete