1.23.2012

Wherein I am a loser


In trying to keep up with this old blog without blogging about my girls every day of my life, I've been trying to think of topics to write about. So, last night I sat down with a pen and paper and started to write a list. Wanna see the list?



Seriously. What in the world? I looked at it for about 5 minutes, trying to think of other things. I then burst out loud laughing (mind you, I was by myself thus solidifying my loser status) because I couldn't think of a single thing worth blogging about. Not a single thing!

I thought about it and quickly realized that blogs have categories. There are craft blogs, fashion blogs, blog with amazing writers, photography blogs, food blogs, homeschooling blogs, religious blogs, etc, etc...

And then there's mine. A blog that started when I got engaged back in September 2008 because it was the 'cool' thing for engaged/married Mormon wives to do. It was cool to include the name of your spouse and pretend that they would be the co-author of the blog. (Although, Josh has hijacked this thing a time or two...) A blog where I wrote about women screaming at me because they thought I was trying to steal their baby. Or about how I once got hit by a car (oddly enough, both of those experiences happened at Walmart). Or how I went to see the musical love of my life, Regina, with some of my best friends.

And then there was the whole pregnancy announcement and twin announcement and then this blog sort of took off. It's become a 'twin blog'. That's the category it's in. That's why most of you read it. And truthfully, that's OK. I think I just need to find a balance. Blogging is a funny thing and I find it interesting that a lot of bloggers I follow have been writing about how weird blogging is lately. It is weird and I don't really know where my ideal balance is. Sooo... for now, here's the #1 thing on my oh-so-pathetic list. Music. 

Joshua Radin, anyone? I love him. When I was engaged to Josh, I joked that he was the 'other' Josh in my life and I'm pretty sure my roommate almost threw up. Rightfully so, but seriously... he is magical.



And the acoustic version, which is funny because 98% of Joshua Radin's songs are normally acoustic. I honestly didn't realize it was him when I first heard the 'normal' version of this song. I liked it, but I didn't peg it as Mr. Radin. Although the original one is fun, I think I prefer the acoustic. What can I say? I'm a sucker for basic guitar and beautiful singing. 


And I think I can cross off the 'funny things' from my list because of the picture itself. Seriously, do I really not have anything to talk about? If you ask my husband, neighbors, family or friends, they'd laugh and tell you that it's hard to get me to shut up. I'll keep working on that list. Hopefully it will grow...

6 comments:

  1. This makes me laugh because I try not to write about my twins all the time also, but they're such a big part of my life. Going back to read your twin announcement now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we PLEASE share music? Seriously... I'm in need and this guy is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Joshua Radin is like my favorite. Ever. In the world. A couple years ago when he came to SLC I got to go and get a picture by him! Yah, I was freaking. (http://jakeanddanirugg.blogspot.com/2010/01/this-picture-will-be-worth-money-some.html) Glad I'm not the only one in love with the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think lots of people are thinking about where there blogs are going because it's a new year. I think it's pretty natural to be thinking about changes and direction at this time of year, I know I am.
    I just wanted to say I really like your blog, so keep doing what you're doing. Oh and I'd love to hear some funny things too.....!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny things? Like jokes? Like a comedian?
    I think your blog is funny on a regular basis, but it's okay for funny things to be about your twins.

    ReplyDelete