1.13.2012

The shoe


I think my favorite thing about parenting twins is seeing how different they are. I knew twins were different from each other, but it's remarkable to see how individual these girls are. They each go through little phases of obsession (and if you know their father, you probably aren't wondering where they get this from...). Lillian's recent fascination is a pair of shoes we picked up a week ago on the clearance shelves of Target. I thought they were slightly dorky, but an adorable dorky. Lately, Lillian has been demanding to wear them it through out the day. Not just any shoe, but this one. The left shoe is up in their room, but it's sister is straggling behind, downstairs. A couple of days ago, Lillian found the shoe and placed it on my lap. I said, "shoe" and handed it back to her. She grunted and handed it back. I again said, "shoe" but this time placed it on the couch. She then grunted and grumbled and threw it at me. I set her on my lap and put the shoe on. Her face lit up, she giggled and started running around while pointing at her right foot. Identical scenarios have played out the last two days, so this morning I had to grab a picture. The first day, she ran around with the one shoe on for hours. I took it off before her nap, but I handed it to her after she threw a fit. The shoe was on the floor by the time she woke up, but I can't help but wonder if she clung on to the shoe like she does her blanket. 

It's adorable. And such a fun little reminder that these babies are real people. Not only real people, but real girls with a budding shoe obsession.

And yes, I know I haven't done a very good job at not blogging and especially not blogging about my girls so much, but what can I say? I like them a little bit and some things are simply too adorable not to share. :)

4 comments:

  1. Eliza has a shoe obsession, too. And I love it! That picture is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the age...Ellie has a recent obsession with shoes, too. More often than not, though, it's with my shoes. Cracks me up. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the shoes are adorable! Does that make me a dork?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest! Millie is just starting to want to put her own shoes on...must be the age! And you keep blogging away about those girls...you'll be thankful 10-20 years down the road. hehe.

    ReplyDelete