1.31.2012

Sometimes

Sometimes I can't understand why Josh sticks with me. Poor guy married one crazy lady.

Sometimes I listen to a song on repeat for 3 days straight and I'm still not sick of it.

Sometimes I wish I could go to my classes in a real classroom on a real college campus. I really miss being a traditional student at USU.

Sometimes I think I'm crazy for still going to school and I have to use every last drop of motivation I have not to drop out.

Sometimes I get really good scores on quizzes two times in a row and I feel like a friggin' genius. Yes, I just said, "friggin'".

Sometimes I wish nobody read this blog so I could write whatever I wanted to. Then I remember how I should just start adding to my collection of journals again.

Sometimes I have a favorite child, but I try not to admit it. Luckily, the favorite changes on a daily basis.

Sometimes I like watching Sesame Street more than my children do.

Sometimes I am so content with my life and I wonder what I did to deserve it.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm capable of having more children.

Sometimes I have realizations about Josh's job and I discover that I really shouldn't complain about a single thing because we've been extremely blessed.

Sometimes (all the time) I wish I was 30.

Sometimes I wish I could shave my head and have it be socially acceptable.

Sometimes I look at the dozen+ posts I have saved in my drafts and decide to not publish them. I want to keep some stuff just for me.

Sometimes I sit back and watch my girls make a giant mess and don't do anything to stop them.

Sometimes it scares me how good of a life I have. I'm secretly paranoid that we'll have a streak of bad luck and I won't know how to handle it.

And that's that. My list of 'sometimes'.



6 comments:

  1. why in the world do you always wish you were 30?? :) 23 is pretty awesome! oh, and shaving your head may not be acceptable...but a pixie cut is!!

    i'm just sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several thoughts: I get worried that my life is too good, and I don't deserve it ALL THE TIME.
    I have wanted to shave my head forever, and when I finally went in to do it (I was gonna for real), I chickened out and got a really really short pixie cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason my phone wouldn't let me finish that comment: I love to listen to songs on repeat, but it makes me feel like a three year old insisting on watching The Little Mermaid over and over again.

      Delete
  3. I am with Jessie...30? Um, and the hair cut...IT IS EASIER TO HAVE SUPER SHORT HAIR. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with you for going to school and having such little twins at the same time! Seriously, impressive.

    I keep a separate "mom blog" or journal blog that's private and I post a lot of things on there that are just for me. I even have an email address set up that will post directly to it, so often times I'll text something from my phone to that email (like funny lines my kids say or other tidbits I want to remember). Works really well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we should both start private thoughts and feelings blogs.... I've thought about that too. And 30- me too, why does it seem so much better than 23? I think 30 is the new "thing!" And don't you know it, when we are 30, 40 will be the new "thing." I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one that gets anxiety over whats around the corner or the day when my nice life will end. I complain about things plenty but in reality, I think its because my life is just so good that I have enough energy left over to think of things to complain about. Pathetic I know. And yet I still don't think I have that much energy. Such a puzzle.

    Love your blog. I am grateful someone else out there is honest and has real mom days like me. You make things look easy but I feel your honesty through your words and posts and that makes me love you that much more. I don't have to secretly hate you for being "that perfect mom" because I feel how genuine and sincere you are through what you write about. Keep it up friend!

    ReplyDelete