

Remember on Valentine's day when I said I thought I was having twins because I was already showing? Well, call it mother's intuition if you want but....it's TRUE! TWINS!
Dr : (starting to chuckle a little) "Have you guys seen many ultra sounds?"
Me: "A few. Just of a couple of friends"
Dr: "Well, there's something a little different with yours. I'll let you figure it out."
Josh and I stare and the screen trying to figure it out. We see a baby and a blob. All of the sudden the blob becomes...a second baby!!!
I instantly burst into tears and am in total shock. Josh was speechless as the doctor asked if twins ran in our families. My dad was supposed to be a twin, but I thought that was it. We found out after talking to both families that there are twins littered (is that a normal word to use?) on all four of our parent's lines. WOW!
To say we're terrified is an understatement. Luckily, we've got a great support system of family and friends who are already coming together and offering us help and supplies. I'm glad I'm getting two kids out of this pregnancy because it's been pretty awful. I've tried to stay positive about it, but now that I have an actual excuse of why I've been so sick and why I'm pretty big already, I'm going to use it. :)
We're still in shock, but can't wait for our CHILDREN to arrive. Luckily, we've still got 5-6 months to prepare (twins often come early so we're now expecting them sometime in August) so hopefully the news can fully sink in by then. It better because there's no turning back!
I was going to post a pic of my belly, but I'm in my pj's, no makeup and even though I'd like to think I'm not that shallow...if I'm going to be having twins, I should probably maintain my dignity for a little while longer. I'll post one soon. :)
Holy Cow, I still can't believe it. But it's awesome. What a great adventure!! Hopefully they wont both be "Mangelson size"...haha...ahhh, I wish you lived closer!! Love ya, CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!! Congratulations you guys! I am sure you are very overwhelmed by it all, but you will be a great mommy!
ReplyDeleteI like that you put phil and lil.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You'll do great. Glen's mom always wanted twins, and she never got them. Does that help? :) Really, you will do just fine, and even though it will be hard, just think how much easier having one child will be later...:) (that doesn't help, does it?) Just move close to me when Josh is done, and I'll help.
ReplyDeleteAhhh! That's so exciting. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?!?! That's awesome, you guys! Wait - weren't we talking to you about twins in the doctor's office that time? I think WE were worried it was going to be twins. Ah, the irony. Congratulations. Everyone always says it's easier to have twins first - that way you don't know the difference. ;)
ReplyDeleteo wow! twins run in my husband family too. all my sister in laws have had twins in their third pregnancy.
ReplyDeletei am terrified to get preggo.
they are hard work, but they are sure cute!
you will be a great mom.
Thats so exciting and scary! My husband is super jelous because he really wants twins. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still in shock for you!!! I can't believe it! I'm soooooo excited for you though! You'll be the BEST parents for those two, little babies! Don't worry, you'll have a good support system. :)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting! I cringe at the thought of finances when it comes to 2 babies but it will be AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! My sister just barely had identical twin girls!! (Twins don't run in our fam or her husband's, either.) They're so adorable! And she LOVES having 2 instead of 1. :)
ReplyDeleteSo... if you're looking to chat with someone who JUST experienced what you're experiencing, I'll give you her email ;)
Congratulations!!
I LOVE TWINS! It is not as hard as everyone says.. I pretty much was the mom of newborn twins for almost a year. They will be adorable! If you need help of a nanny's advice.. you know my number! Congrats
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI seriously am still so in shock (I can't imagine what you guys are going through!) How exciting though! What an amazing journey! And tell ya what, after you have to recover from birth and everything it does to your downstairs, you'll be so happy you got two birds with one stone! :)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! That will be super exciting just glad its you not me. There is a definite plus to it especially this being your first is they will always have someone to play with and your next will be a lot easier if there is only 1 that is. I can't wait to see you pregnancy shots:)
ReplyDeletewooooww. Well, congrats! That would be scary - but absolutely you can do it. :) I'm excited to see all this progress as I blog stalk you. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY YAY YAY. i seriously am so SO excited/happy for you two {soon to be FOUR!} crazy how twins just doubles your family...like that!
ReplyDeletewell, congrats again girl. like i said last night, i am a teeny bit jealous. you are going to make one FANTASTIC mama.
love you!!
I know I said it a million times but I needed to on the internet as well....but I am so excited for you two, um four!!! You guys are going to be awesome and the babies will be sooo cute.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! That is amazing! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations! It must be a sign that you two are going to be awesome great parents. :) Our ward out here has tons of sets of twins; if you want any advice or empathy, I'm sure I could get it!
ReplyDelete