Brittany: My uncle Frank has a grapefruit tree at his home in Florida and when I was a kid, he sent us a big box of grapefruits for Christmas. He also sent a bunch of grapefruit spoons that had jagged edges to cut into the sections. Growing up, I got used to eating grapefruit with grapefruit spoons and now I'm not sure how to eat them with a regular spoon.
Josh: {looks at Brittany for about 15 seconds before saying...} Seriously?
Brittany: It's true! {squirts juice in eye}
Taken two years ago in California.
Anyone know where I can find a grapefruit spoon?
p.s. The house we're hoping to get is no longer listed. Wanna know why??? It's under contract.
By us.

We totally had a grapefruit spoon when I was a kid. And it had a bamboo handle. Jealous?
ReplyDeleteOkay, first thing: I TOTALLY USE GRAPEFRUIT SPOONS!!!! I LOVE THEM
ReplyDeleteAll caps moment over...
Until...
YOU GUYS BOUGHT A HOUSE????? AHHHH!!! JEALOUS!! PICTURES :)
Doing the happy (and jealous) dance for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI love grapefruit spoon, too! I would check Bed, Bath and Beyond. They never disappoint!
Woot Woot!!!!!! **with a fist pump**
ReplyDeleteOh my word!!! How exciting!! I love this post. Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteWhat, you're HOME owners now???? Exciting! Post details and pics!!
ReplyDeleteOk, and I didn't even know you COULD eat a grapefruit without a grapefruit spoon...I'm DEAD serious. I can't even figure it out in my head right now-how do you do it? Haha...
Okay I was just talking about this the other day. I can't eat one with a grapefruit spoon! It just doesn't work for me...
ReplyDeletemy solution: don't eat grapefruit. bleh. I bet target or williams sonoma would have some.
ReplyDeleteHey I found your blog through the cirlce of moms and have been reading for about a week because I recently found out I am pregnant with twins! Only 9 weeks along right now though...
ReplyDeleteAnyway Crate and Barrel has grapefruit spoons. They are SO much easier than regular spoons!
We use a knife, and go all the way around each slice and then go through and scoop out each piece with a regular spoon.
ReplyDeleteIt's a freaking pain, but grapefruit are impossible to eat without a grapefruit spoon or knife.
Don't let Josh make fun of you.
:)
Congratulations on your house!
ReplyDeletePS: I bought my grapefruits spoons on Amazon. :) Can't eat my grapefruits without them.
YAY!!! SO exciting! Congrats!!! :)
ReplyDeleteKitchen Kneads up in Logan has them, and I'm pretty sure that Bed Bath and Beyond has them. We (by we, I mean I, because Brandon and the boys don't eat them) do both - go around each one with a knife, and then use the spoon. Yum.
ReplyDeleteAnd, YEAH!!! How exciting about the house. I expect pictures soon. :) Good luck.
Crate and Barrel!
ReplyDeleteGrapefruit Spoons I got mine and Spoons and Spice in Sandy. Behind the Sandy Dollar Theatre. They are the Best. ☺
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh..so funny, because i had never seen grapefruit spoons before! but i was JUST at bed bath & beyond yesterday and found them and almost got them for my dad (also a faithful grapefruit eater). kinda close to the front. so funny.
ReplyDeleteLet me know when you find one! my hunny eats them and uses a knife to cut the little sections and then use a spoon to scoop it out. He won't listen to me about a grapefruit spoon so I need to find some as well.
ReplyDelete