5.20.2011

This little stink

IMG_0100

is getting really good at pulling herself up onto furniture. In fact, that's all she wants to do. Who cares about toys or playing with Sophie, when you can stand up! The only problem is that she's really good at getting up, but terrible at coming down. She can't. She shakes, screams, cries, and hasn't figured out how to fall gracefully. 

IMG_0129
Just look at this little face! This child kills me. 

Yesterday, she pulled herself up on the coffee table and pounded away for a few minutes. I was watching her the entire time, but all of the sudden she forgot that holding on was a key factor to being able to stand. She let go with both hands and came crashing down. Her chin hit the table and her bottom teeth sliced her top lip. She was hysterical. I felt horrible and scooped her up to comfort her. As soon as she realized her lip was bleeding, she stopped crying and smacked her lips. Apparently, she's not grossed out by the taste of her own blood. I didn't mind it so much because she instantly got happy again. She did not, however, enjoy pressure being put on her lip to stop the bleeding. I guess tissue doesn't taste as good as blood. 

This kid is fearless. This morning, I placed her on the changing pad and even buckled her in (which is something I hardly ever do. In fact, I hardly ever change them on their dresser) I turned around to grab a diaper from their closet and BAM baby and pad on the floor. She was once again hysterical. Wanna know what Sophie did? Laughed. Yep. Laughed. I guess it was sorta funny, only because she was still attached to the changing pad. My prediction is that girlfriend's going to be the first to break a bone out of the pair. 

IMG_0150
Maybe after two back-to-back traumatic experiences she'll learn? 
Doubt it.
Which is why I pushed the coffee table into the kitchen today and plan on changing all 14-16 diapers on the floor.


Oh and we had a few comments about our number of pillows from yesterday's post. You're right... why do we have so many pillows? I guess I used about 5 when I was pregnant, but we have over a dozen. We also have an abnormal amount of blankets. Anyone wanna come have a sleepover? We've got you covered.

5 comments:

  1. Sage has been pulling herself up for months now and still hasn't learned how to gracefully fall down. From day one she's just let go and smacked her butt hard on the ground. It's kind of hilarious but at least she gets down, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! She will learn soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel didn't actually learn to sit up by herself until after she was pulling herself to standing. Then she had to figure something out. Get ready for the permanent bruises on their foreheads. Part of the deal. Also, the next time someone gets a fat lip, give her (or him) a popsicle. It's cold, and they don't mind it touching their lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what cuties! Ive got twin girls. you have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete