5.09.2011

A golden birthday...of sorts

It's Monday the 9th of May and the girls are officially 9 months old. Funny enough, they were born on Monday, August 9th so I'm considering this their golden birthday. Can I tell you how much fun these past 9 months have been? These girls may only be 9 months, but they have personalities of  7 year olds. Really, everyone who's around them makes comments on how funny, quirky, and full of personality these girls are. I cannot wait until they start talking. They'll be the life of the party even more than what they are now! Here's a recap of the past month. It's been a big one for the babies...

Sophie

IMG_9873
Spying on the neighbor kids. She's also with Coco. Have you seen a cooler onesie? Doubt it.

IMG_9082
Really, this girl pulls the craziest faces...

What.a.goof.ball. She knows she funny and it kills me. She'll make a funny noise, throw herself to the ground in a silly protest, or do a number of other things to get your attention and then wait for your response with a sly little grimace. She knows when she's doing something she's not supposed to be doing and she waits for the 'heeeeey' or 'no no' and then starts giggling about it. Little punk...

She might be the most curious baby I've ever met. She wants to know how everything works, why things move the way they do, and why things make the noises they make. She doesn't just mindlessly play with toys. She focuses of the screws, the lights, the textures, and colors. Now that she's mobile, a whole new world has opened up for her to explore.

She definitely takes on the big sister role most of the time. Most of the time, she's the one setting the standard on the girls' moods. She also decides which toy is in demand and when it's time to eat or get changed. She's got a strong influence on her little sister.

She can crawl, but most of the time you'll find her doing the butt scoot. That's how her dad got around as a baby and that's her preferred choice as well. However, if she's in competition with Lillian to get something, she can bust out the crawl (which is faster than the butt scoot).

She is fully aware of what emotions and sounds mean. I don't know how to describe it, but she definitely knows what sound to make to get the attention she wants. That doesn't really makes sense...spend some time with her and you'll know what I'm talking about. She's a ham. 100% of the time. 

Lillian

IMG_9911
She also enjoyed spying on the neighbor kids.

IMG_8817
She's honestly the prettiest baby I think I've ever seen.

Lillian loves music. Loves it. She immediately starts dancing when dad pulls out one of his many musical instruments (12 string guitar, ukulele, bass guitar, and mandolin) or when music comes on the computer or tv. She stops whatever she's doing, gets a huge smile on her face, stars bobbing up and down and then looks at us with a "I'm-super-cute-aren't-I?" face. She's right. She is absolutely adorable. 

She's a serious crawler. She was the first to figure it out and she is no longer content to sit longer than 2.5 seconds. She is pulling herself up on furniture and is almost standing. I think she'll be the first to walk simply because of how determined she is. I guess only time will tell on that one. 

She's is still the more passive baby however, she's got a new 'trick'. She clenches her jaw, shakes her head and screams. It's cute now, but I still secretly hate it because I know what it's going to turn into. I predict some intense tantrums in the future for this one.

Sadly, Lillian stopped growling. She got an ear infection a few weeks back and for some reason, the growl died with it. I'm glad I was able to get a recording of it, because it truly was the funniest thing.

Both girls are sleeping soooo much better, but they've decided not to nap when they're not at home. Yesterday, we went to my parent's house for Mother's Day and Sophie only slept for about 40 minutes (if that). She's still asleep (9:30 am) and Lillian and I have been up since 7. I should have woken her up by now because they're going to be WAY off from each other today. Oh well...that's life with twins.

LillianandSophie038
Image by Sharon Johnson
Like I said in my Mother's Day post (oh and did you see the girl's Mother's Day post? Amazing.) we are over the moon for these girls. Luckily, they're quite fond of us too and are becoming the best little friends.

4 comments:

  1. yessss! i finally get to see the conan onesie in all it's glory! i should have bought one for my future children too. it's on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutest. babies. ever. And pleeeease send that first photo into Conan...haha, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I leave the same comment every time the babies hit a month milestone. So just pretend this is me saying something new and creative for 9 months. :)

    And I really like that last picture. They are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are little doll babies! So precious!

    ReplyDelete