5.08.2011

Mother's Day

Last Mother's Day, I was uncomfortably pregnant. Just a few months shy from welcoming two perfect babies into the world. I was terrified, emotional, tired, in pain, and longing for my little girls. This Mother's Day, I slept in until 8 (the girls slept thirteen hours last night) woke up to two smiling faces, and a husband eager to make me breakfast. I have never been more humbled, overwhelmed and excited over anything before. These girls have made me a mother. I can't even attempt to put into words how it feels to be the mom of Sophie Lynn and Lillian Jean. They are the world to Josh and I and we are over the moon for them.

IMG_4075
I consider this to be the first family picture. The girls weren't close enough to each other in the NICU to get a picture of us 4 and the real first family picture we took at our home was awful. I looked like it had been 14 days since I had showered and that I had been blindsided by a train. This one, taken when the girls were two weeks old, is much better.

and our recent family picture 
LillianandSophie087
Oddly enough, in both pictures I'm holding Sophie and Josh is holding Lillian.

I absolutely love being the mother of our little family. It makes me that much more grateful for my own mom and Josh's mom. 

And you should watch this. It makes me cry. Every time. 


Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas and future mamas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment