First things first. Did you watch Oprah? Did you cry? I held back the tears only so Josh wouldn't make fun of me. Oprah Winfrey is amazing. I don't care what all the grumpy naysayers say, she is a remarkable woman. Her show has literally saved people's lives, she's sent thousands to school, encouraged reading, given away millions of dollars of her own money, and continually gives sound advice. I could go on, but I'm already gushing. Her final show was filled with incredible one-liners and I was reminded once again why she is one of my favorite women on the planet. Here's a recap for those of you who tragically missed it. It was incredible.
Now, onto baby news...
The girls have been crazy lately. I mean crazy. They only nap for 30 minutes at a time, they go from drinking 10 oz one bottle, to 2 oz the next, they stay up until midnight, and are overall completely different babies than they were last week. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm trying really, really hard to get them back on their schedule. It's not even a schedule I put them on. They settled to a pretty consistent schedule around 6 months, and although I realize they'll change as they grow, they've been insane this week.
One thing I don't like about babies (yes, I just said that) is that can't tell you what's wrong. Yesterday, I had two crying screaming screaming babies. They had just woken up, been changed and ate 7 oz bottles. I fed them peas, apple sauce and a few cheerios and then they flipped. I had no idea what's wrong. I hate to say this, but when times like this happen, I pull out the Tylenol. I mean, what if they were in pain? I have no idea. They can't tell me. They might be teething again, right? So, I drugged up both babies and hoped that in a few minutes the crying would stop. Guess what? It didn't. I pull out all my tricks. Yogurt puff things, Backyardigans, Elmo, all the toys in the world, sang songs, danced a little (yep, did that one), and finally realized I needed a break.
I went to the fridge and got out a string cheese for myself. Then in dawned on me. These are my children. My children. My children are bound to like cheese. And it's true. The other day for dinner, the girls had their bottle, peas and some shredded cheese. Somehow all the cheese ended up in their bellies and the peas ended up on the floor. Smart girls. So, I pulled out another cheese stick, ripped it in two and handed a half to each baby. Take a look...
This girl is drunk off cheese
This one's black and white because these were shot on auto with horrible lighting. I would have switched everything around, but the babies were enjoying the cheese too much and I just wanted to capture it. This picture in particular looked waaaay wacky, so I switched it to b&w and absolutely love how it looks. Wow. Way too much of an explanation there...
The loved it. And most importantly, it calmed them down. Happy babies, happy mom.
We then me up with Lacy and Janiece at Liberty Park. That park is absolutely amazing and if you live within 50 miles you must go there. Now. Here are a few photos from that outing.
And that was our day.
Oh and you're not seeing things. There's a gigantic bruise on Lillian head. It was one of those 'face meet crib, crib meet face' kind of situations.











I cried to say goodbye to Oprah yesterday! I'm gonna miss her!
ReplyDeleteThe cheese strings were a clever play mama. Food is always an excellent distraction.
Cheese always does the trick around here too. Funny the things you try to calm your babies. Once again, they are adorable Brittany.
ReplyDeleteI'm here to tell you that it's not necessarily better when they can tell you what's wrong. Because that's when the whining starts. Oh, whining... I may be crazy, but I think it's worse than a screaming baby!
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE your house! Beautiful!
Cute pictures! I am sure I am a minority, but I didnt watch the finale. The only episode that I ever watched was the favorite things episode. I was never that in to her. Yeah, I said it! :oP
ReplyDeleteThose are the stinkest cutest rompers. I love them. Super cute pics.
ReplyDeleteDear Friend,
ReplyDeleteLook up arnica and get some for the bumps and bruises that are happening and will continue to happen forever! It is miracle stuff and 100% natural! :)