4.12.2011

8

So, this Truth Tuesday is going to be surrounded by a simple truth: our babies are the greatest. Here's an overview of them in all their 8 month-ness. 

Sophie
IMG_8617

Sophie really is a strange baby. It's not just us that say that. We get comments on her quirkiness from people at church, at restaurants, at the store, etc. She's a total cheese ball and knows she's cute. She's figured out what makes us laugh and will do over and over again, knowing she's funny. 

She's working on her 2 bottom teeth and that makes for very crazy nights and some cranky days. 

She's got a high pitched squeal that she likes to show off during quiet moments. And lately, her squeal has been paired with a noise that sounds like she's going to throw up. We get quite the stares when she decides to do that one...

She is in LOVE with her sister. From the very first glance she catches of Lillian in the morning, she is obsessed. She watches her every move and even if she's sad and crying, Lillian can make her happy again.

Although is isn't interested too much in crawling yet, she's a mover. She can scoot around on her bum several feet in the time it takes me to make 2 bottles. She can make it to the other side of the living room, facing a completely different direction in the matter of minutes. It's crazy. 

She's  pretty good eater. Although I still can't get her to eat more than 6 ounces at a time from a bottle, she'll down half of a banana, a gram cracker, or plenty of other baby food. She's pretty obsessed with those baby puffs and would eat 100 at a time if I let her. 

Sophie loves her dad and if he's around, she doesn't want much to do with me at all. 
Along with moving around, she's a rocker. She rocks back and forth especially when there's music playing and she has surprisingly good rhythm.

She still has a shorter fuse than her sister and her moods can change pretty quickly. Over all though, she's a happy, hilarious baby who provides us with hours of entertainment.

Lillian
IMG_8624
Look at those teeth!!!

Lillian is the baby of the family and already at the ripe age of 8 months, I'm treating her like it. If the girls are both 'fighting' over the same toy, I usually give it to Lillian. Don't think I'm a jerk, because 9 times out of 10, Lillian originally had whatever they both want and Sophie, the mean big sister, has stolen it. Lillian will have binkies swiped straight from her mouth by her evil twin, but thank goodness she's got a mama that always comes to her rescue. :)

Lillian's latest quirks are her grunts and growls. Her grunt sound like a noise that a sumo wrestler would make before a match and her growl sounds like a lion's roar. It's hilarious and also draws a lot of attention at church and when we're out. 

To say that this girl wants to crawl is an understatement. She really, really wants to crawl. And she's super close. She get in the position, starts to rock, and right before she takes the leap of faith....she falls flat on her face. It's painfully funny, but I'm pretty sure we'll have a fully functioning crawler in a week or two.

Lillian's also got two teeth that appeared a few days before Sophie's. She's always got something in hand to chomp on, but is quick to flash her pearly whites in an adorable little grin. 

She LOVES books. Loves them. When I pull one out, her face lights up, she starts shaking, squealing and giggling. It happens every single time without fail. It's adorable. 

She's also a good eater. Even better than Sophie actually. Sometimes she'll down a 7 ounce bottles, but most of the time it's just 6 oz. However, she can eat solids like it's nobody's business. I feed the girls at the same time, and after Sophie decides she finished, Lillian will still eat for another 10 minutes. 

Lillian also loves her dad. Her favorite thing to do is to get flipped by him. She's got a beginning stance and even arches her back while flipping. I think we've got a cheerleader in the making...

Lillian skin is very sensitive. We battle her eczema constantly and she's more prone to diaper rashes. She's a trooper about it though and loves hanging out completely in the nude to 'air out'.

She sleeps better than Sophie, but still wakes up at least once in the middle of the night. She was sleeping for about 7-8 hours at once, but then her teeth surfaced and now we're back at square one. Luckily, I've learned that my body truly can survive with 3 hours of sleep at a time.


We seriously love these little girls. It's fascinating to see how different their personalities really are. Although they're twins, it's a night and day difference between them. Although sometimes we secretly wish we could have experienced them one at a time, we wouldn't change a thing because they truly are the greatest things that have happened to us. 

IMG_8613

9 comments:

  1. So fun to see their different personalites evolve! My babies are both addicted to those puffs! They get so giddy when I shake the container, it's hilarious! My older kids feed them to them and say "good puppies" nice.
    Love their pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are too cute! Which of course you already knew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can definitely see in that last picture that they're not identical. And I have yet to hear the Lillian grunt. I think she's just polite when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! :) Our girls are very different, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They love the camera, huh? Happy 8 Months, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your girls really are adorable! Isn't it fun to see little personalities develop so young? YAY for babies...haha and for not getting much sleep (I hear ya). Olivia has Exzema as well but I have a lotion that works wonders on her skin. If you're interested in it let me know. It seriously works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them! And you. It was so great to see you on Saturday! The girls were too cute and SO funny! I can totally see their personalities. Oh, and I was realizing that there were a lot of "how do you do it?" questions floating around, and I was hoping you weren't getting sick of it...we are all just so impressed cuz you are seriously superwoman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! Great pictures too! I am feeling you on the teething as my almost 7 month old is cutting her second bottom tooth - first one came in last week. I long for the "sleep thorough the night" nights again!

    Oh, and dont you just LOVE those IKEA high chairs! I couldnt survive without mine! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls are too cute! B has super sensitive skin as well and within days of getting a baltic amber necklace her eczema and diaper rash issues cleared right up. I took the necklace off for a few days while she was sick and ironically the problems came right back. They make all sorts of jewelry if you arent comfy with a necklace. Just an idea ;O)

    ReplyDelete