Ok. My semi-break is over. I know I cheated a few times and got on facebook more than I thought I would, but I hardly read any blogs. And when I got onto google reader this morning, I had over 400 posts to catch up on. Wanna know what I did? I deleted a ton of blogs. Even after my recent google reader purge, I still had a lot to loose. And it felt amazing.
The first thing I want to discuss is this girl

It's my sister Brooke's birthday today. She is fabulous. Really, really fabulous. She a great interior designer and is currently designing three very large and very amazing homes. She's also getting her online design business up and going. So, even if you don't live in Utah, you can hire her to design a room (or whole house) and she'll hook you up with the blue prints to make your home eye candy. Besides all that, she's my older sister. Truthfully, we hated each other growing up, but since we both got some sense knocked into our heads, we've realized how great having a sister is. She is one of my very best friends and will drop anything to come rush to my aid. She is wonderful, talented, hilarious, and one of the coolest people I know. Check out her design blog here.
I had a good blogging break. We spent a lot of time together as a family, I did a lot of school work (Sadly, I still have more to do), I took a trip to Logan for a birthday lunch date and spent a few hours at my old stompin' ground of BRASC, I took a photography class, went to a baby shower, and the babies turned 8 months old. My next post will be about that, but for now I'll leave you with a few pictures that I shot on manual. Yep, I'm no longer a auto shooter. Granted, I'm not that good and messed up a bunch of times, but it's finally starting to make sense. Hopefully, with a little more practice, I'll stop messing up and I'll become a little more legit.
Lillian
Sophie
We're going to look at houses today. Super exciting and super overwhelming.
Happy Monday!




Welcome back! Cute pictures! Doesn't it feel so good not to shoot in auto anymore, so much more freedom!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures look great! Congrats! :o) What cuties!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand on the deleting of blogs. I did that recently and I feel much better!
yay!! house hunting is fun...but totally overwhelming! how did it go??
ReplyDeletep.s. thanks so much for coming down to my shower :) it was so good to see you; and danny is now totally stoked for a little girl :)
Ugh...I so wanted to go to that workshop. But alas, money and time and finding a babysitter did not permit. You've made me think, though, that maybe I should get my lazy self into FULL manual mode, not just Av mode. I feel like a cheater. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck house hunting! It's so much fun... kind of. ;)
I am excited you are going to look at houses! It is super overwhelming isn't it?! It freaks me out to be honest. We are on the hunt as well and sometimes I think it'll happen exactly like I want and sometimes I think we'll never find a house we want. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYeah your back!!! Hahaha yeah for house looking!
ReplyDelete