Here are my truths today:
- The babies still aren't sleeping. It's killing me. Quite frankly, I want to punch people who have 'good sleepers' in the face (ok, not really but...). You name it, we've tried it. However, the one thing we haven't tried is diluting their middle of the night bottles. That tip was given to me by a twin mom and I'm going to try it tonight. I think the girls have gotten in the habit of eating and that's causing them to not eat so much during the day. In fact, today as of 4 pm, they've only eaten about 12 ounces. Ridiculous.
- My sister in law is in labor! A new Mangelson nephew is on his way.
- School is eating me alive. When people ask me how I do it, my answer should be "I can't". Really, it's murdering me and I'll be lucky if I get C's this semester. I'm honestly just hoping to pass.
- I don't know what I'll do once Oprah ends. 27 episodes left? Really? Really? I am heartbroken.
- I am fat and that's killing me too. And that really is a truth. I weigh a significant amount more than I did before I was pregnant. And I know I had 2 children, but this isn't baby weight. This is Brittany-was-stuck-inside-all-winter-and-ate-too-many-Cheez Its- fat. In October, I was basically down to my pre-pregnancy weight and now I'm up almost 30 lbs. Nasty. And gross. And disgusting. I need to change.
- I love it when I hear about others who cloth diaper. I really love it when they tell me I've 'converted' them. Brittany Mangelson: saving babies bums, the environment and the wallet, one butt at a time.
- My family is the greatest in the world.We had a family dinner at my aunts house on Saturday and we spent hours laughing and talking. I didn't even take a single picture because I was enjoying myself the entire time. Yep, they're good people.
And that's it. A short Truth Tuesday that felt oh so good.
It was SO good to see you and the girls today...I wish I could've stayed and chatted with you some, but had to get back to work...you're awesome, and I really hope you can get some sleep soon!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOk...this is Jessica. It would be a little weird if my husband was saying these things to you :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you're not sleeping. No advice for you. Just sympathy. When Ellie wasn't sleeping I was a total zombie. It's the worst. (Especially for a woman whose body thinks she needs 9 hours of sleep per night.)
ReplyDelete1. you poor thing for getting no sleep! hopefully the no sleep/need to eat phase will pass quickly! if not, you might have to resort to "all crying eventually stops"..which sounds heartless. especially if there's 2! 2. winter weight sucks. and it sucks to get it off! 3. i still love your blog. and 4. i thought you'd want me to comment a novel on here..so i did. haha!
ReplyDeleteYour girls are gorgeous! Mine are 13 months... are yours interested in older boys? :)
ReplyDeleteThey didn't sleep through the night til 11 months, and mama, it was hard. I feel your pain.
Sleep? What's that? I cringe thinking of you STILL not sleeping.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I'm fat too. It's so depressing. No one understands what twins do to your body. Its VERY different from one baby...and I've experienced both.