6.17.2009

Oh what a night! (or week. Thanks, Billly)

This week has been great and yet very crazy. It started on Monday with the beginning of Summer Program. I anxiously awaited as the bus/van loads of some of my best friends came back. I was scared that one boy in particular wouldn't remember me. He was my absolute favorite last summer and we developed this little sumo wrestler walk thing with each other, and I was curious to see if he'd lost it over the last 10 months. The moment after he walked in and caught my eye he yells, "HEY!" and comes at me sumo style. I couldn't believe it! I almost started crying as I took my stance and we made our way towards each other. It was probably in the top 10 happiest moments of my life.

Josh and I got to go down to the Bountiful temple with the Mangelson's in honor of Jared's mission. It was so neat to be in the temple with all the siblings/spouses and Mom and Dad Mangelson. Jared was awesome and he'll make a great missionary. It will be weird not having him around for two years, but Josh is excited to be able to speak spanish to someone in the family. Word on the street (or I heard directly from Jenny) that little Ryan is full-blown walking! Reason enough to plan a trip south to see him in action.

What else...Oh yeah, the other night we went to first dam with the Hastings parking lot snow cones. Heaven. I felt bad that we didn't have any legit food to feed the duckies seeing as they didn't want to partake in the snow cone goodness. Here are some pics from my great (sarcasm) camera. May it rest in peace.

Notice the red snow cone on the rock that the duck is completely ignoring.


We also made soup that night. (I think it was that night...) I have some pics of that too, but I'll leave you with suspense. I know how it's driving you all nuts. ( and when I say 'all' I mean the 4 people that read this...) ;) I'm still sad about the post below. I've got to figure something out about a new camera and the lardiness. (That was for you Lacy.)

B.

2 comments:

  1. please oh please oh please oh please oh pleeeaaaasssseee post the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I love you! I was sad I couldn't talk to you longer, the other night. Hey, we're coming up to Logan in July. We should all do something together. I'll let you know when. :)

    ReplyDelete