4.13.2009

Easter

Happy (late) Easter everyone! Josh and I had a great day. It started out in the nursery (which we had all to ourselves and loved it...). I taught the lesson, and asked the kids if they knew what today was. They all gave me blank stares (not uncommon for two year olds) and I asked if any of them had colored eggs, had an Easter egg hunt, or got an Easter basket. One little boy pipped in and started explaining how he had, when the little girl next to me gave me a huge look of concern and said, "I didn't do any of that!" It's not a fraction as funny typing it, but trust me- it was cute. After church we went to the Mangelson's and ate dinner and had an Easter egg hunt. It was great! Most of all though, Easter was great because of the true meaning behind it. There are all sorts of videos floating around from Holland's talk in Conference so I wont post it hear, but if you didn't catch it, check it out. His talk was by far my favorite this conference and probably in conferences from several years back. I loved loved loved it! Anyways, here are some pictures of our day.







Josh and I still need to color our eggs. Most of our eggs are from Josh's family's chickens so they're already colored, but we have a few that are boring and white. I'm not sure if Josh is super excited about coloring the eggs. When I told him we should do it this afternoon he responded, "But it's not dark yet!" I'm thinking he'll keep coming up with excuses and I'll have to do them myself. haha!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous that you guys are in the nursery. That'd be so fun. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel is possibly the cutest girl EVER. sweet editing skills B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my first Lacy comment! I expect many more in the future or I will kill you. I love you, but I will kill necessary. :) Also, thank you for the comment, but your editing skills far exceed mine. Another thing. I'm thinking of bringing not only pretzels and nutella on the first day of Criminology, but popcorn balls as well. I saw a recipe for them today and I want to to try them out. I have no idea why I'm writing this all here. I could facebook, call, text, or go over to your house but...I choose to leave a ridiculously long comment on my own blog. I'm a loser.

    Jess- If (you're reading this..haha!)Nursery is SO fun, but kind awkward with the other couple in there. I think they feel like we've taken over their territory. They're a little hostile and that's why we were so excited to have the kids all on our own! :)

    Ok...no more comments from me. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!!! Those are the cutest I've ever seen. Seriously, send those pics my way...please??!! It was fun seeing you cute peoples!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am definitely pro-popcorn balls.

    ReplyDelete