4.16.2009

Smiths vs. Wal-Mart pt.2

It took me a little longer than anticipated, but I feel like I've come up with a pretty decent list of why I believe that Smith's is better than Wal-Mart in every way. These aren't in any specific order, but some of I like better. The ones I deem as better will be in bold. Enjoy.

1. Smith's is less crowded. You have less of the awkward cart running into situations that I always find myself in while shopping at Wal-Mart. You can look down the aisles and only see a few people. I walked to the back of Wal-Mart the other day, and didn't see a single aisle that had less than 2 carts on it.

2. The parking lot is smaller at Smith's. I've never forgotten where I park. I don't have to hunt for my car, and I don't have to fear for my life dodging the crazy Wal-Mart drivers. (no offense if you're one of them...)

3. I actually save more money at Smith's. I have a fresh value card, and at the check out I see the price get cut by at least 5%. Most of the time Smith's has sales (I'll discuss this more in depth in the #4) and on top of that I get 5% off. I LOVE looking at the bottom of the receipt and seeing how much I saved. Wal-Mart can't do this for me.

4. As I said, Smith's has SALES! I feel like Wal-Mart's "every day low prices" is a joke. If you compare the sales at Smiths to normal prices at WM (that is what I'm calling it from now on) they don't compare. Smiths' sales prices are usually the same, if not cheaper than WM, PLUS you get 5% off, PLUS you get 5 cents off gas! Example- recently Smith's has a sale on makeup. The mascera I always get ended up being $3 at Smith's but was almost $6 at WM. Really? Do I need to go on? :)

5. I like the fact that Smith's doesn't have clothing, shoes, plungers, paint, and tv's. I go to the grocery store to go grocery shopping. Now, I'll be honest, I love Target so this point isn't very strong, but there's something about WM...it will never be as cool as Target.

6.I don't like getting stopped at WM because they think I stole something. This is more a vent from today, but Josh and I apparently set off the door alarm today. The guy yelled at me to stop, people stared, we had to get our bags checked, it was awkward. That has never happened at Smith's.

7. The Redbox at Smith's always has more movies. (At least in Logan that is) Whenever Josh and I go to WM to get a movie, the one (or ones) we want aren't there.

8. Smith's has a self checkout as well as an express lane. Way faster if you only have a few things.

9. This is one that is mostly for Logan, but LOCATION! Smith's is located in the same shopping center as Inkley's and King's. You don't have a lot of traffic in the parking lot, and it's right by Jamba and Hastings WM is by Magical Moon Toys, which is cool, but I'm more likely to want a smoothie than a child's toy or a board game.

10. The last thing on my list is the produce section. I by fruits/veggies at WM and it goes bad in a few days. I've had the same apples from Smith's for over a week and they're still great! I feel like Smith's takes better care of their produce. It's not as banged up as their friends at WM.

11. Ok, so I was going to put this with #10, but it deserves it's own number. This is the reason that inspired me to write such a list. My number 1 reason to shop at Smith's is the thunder storm that happens every few minutes when they water the produce. I LOVE it! Have you heard it? Oh it's great. Sometimes I stand in the produce section for a few minutes longer than I need to, hoping I'll hear the thunder noise before the sprinkling shower turns on. I love it.

And those reasons my friends is reason enough for me to sing, "Smith's market fresh everyday Smith's!" (That should be #12. What a sweet jingle. Where's WM'S?)

*If you shop at WM I don't judge. I'll be honest, there are times where it is better to shop there. However, I didn't even touch on any of the political or overseas scandals that WM has gotten into. Again, I went to WM today, but I would have rather gone to Smith's.

4 comments:

  1. Good list! I'm sold! I was so sad when Smith's left Tooele! Seriously! I agree! WM does price match but it's a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more. Brilliant list, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so...just thought i'd let you know that yesterday when you called me, i was shopping in smith's! yay for smiths. ps. that was GREAT talking to you...seriously, lets do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love this. And I agree. Smiths is definitely better than Walmart, even though I still shop at Walmart a lot. Smiths just has a homey feel to it... maybe it's that I still feel like I'm in America.

    ReplyDelete