3.26.2012

Yard Work


With the warmer weather, we've (and by we've, I mean Josh) has been doing yard work. This spring, we're putting in our yard, complete with sprinklers, top soil, grass, some sort of bushes, a couple of trees and other pretty things that make up a yard. Right now, Josh is doing the prep work. We're discovering though, that the prep work is brutal because our yard is FULL of rocks. Like, it basically looks like a gravel pit. I'm pretty sure if all of the rocks magically disappeared, our yard would sink 20 feet. Anyway, since Josh has been spending so much time outside (which he's a trooper for doing because he's/we're still sick) the girls and I have joined him. They love playing in dirt and they love helping their dad put the rocks in the wheelbarrow.  Are you ready for a picture overload? Good. Oh and they're hair is crazy. I wasn't about to let them play in dirt after their bath. I ain't no dummy. ;)









So that was the first day. The next day (or maybe it was two days later...) I decided they needed buckets. They were obsessed with playing with the shovel and rake, which I kind of freaked out about. So, I got them some buckets and shovels of their own. 

It started out great...



{notice Lillian eying the real tools...}

She wasn't fooled for too long



Sophie however, continued to play.


And then she started picking up the rocks...


While Sophie continued to play...


After a few more minutes though, Lillian came back. 
 

And that's that. A couple days worth of playing in the dirt. I'm sure there will be many more posts like this, seeing as in the 3 days Josh worked on the yard, he only got a fraction of it done. I should probably help him... That's what a good wife would do, right? ;)

And P.S. There's going to be a giveaway on this old blog of mine tomorrow. You should check it out because it's going to be delicious...

4 comments:

  1. i feel for ya!! yard work is ROUGH. we're in the same boat as you right now...even though we've been working on it since last year! haha. one of these days it WILL get done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a post JUST like this almost ready to go. We're doing our yard this year, too and I have a whole bunch of pictures of the girls in the dirt. It makes for a great playground, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post. I especially like the picture of your baby holding a pickax.
    Haha, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're putting in our yard this year too! It already has grass, but mainly it's weeds, so we're probably going to end up ripping it all up and starting over. It's quite the overwhelming task!

    ReplyDelete