3.09.2012

19

I woke up today and realized the girls were 19 months old. 
They're closer to two than one. 
It's mind boggling. 

Sophie
IMG_0399

IMG_0538

IMG_0685
 
IMG_0519


Sophie has kind of turned into a baby this month. I mentioned it before, but she saw that episode of Elmo giving up his binky and ever since, she's been hooked. I'm torn about what to do. One one hand I know that it's bad. Actually, it's horrible. She hasn't touched the thing since she was 8-9ish months old. Now is not the time to start a habit that a lot of parents are trying to break at this age. On the other hand though, it makes her incredibly happy. If she's screaming, it calms her down. If she's hurt, it comforts her. I've hid most of them, but there's still a few around and I usually don't stop her when she finds them. Sometimes, with two toddlers in the house, I enjoy 50% of them being quiet. I hope it's a short lived phase, but if it looks like it's not, I think they all might have to disappear... 

Sophie is getting better at communicating. She doesn't sign please, but she's often say, "eees" (also doubles for cheese) when she wants something. Like I said in the last post, she's always saying "wusthat?" along with "ball", "baby", "sis", "book", "wow", "puppy", "eye" and a few other ones that I'm sure I'm forgetting. So, not a ton, but she's getting better.

This girl is not a very good eater. For every 5 bites Lillian takes, she'll take 1 1/2. She usually has to watch Lillian take a bite of something before she'll want it, unless she knows it's something she'll like. She's also not afraid to spit food in your face to tell you that she does not want to eat it.

Lillian
IMG_0147

IMG_9789 

IMG_0719

IMG_0400

IMG_0298

Lillian is also really good at communicating. Sometimes, I think she's a little better than Sophie. The most adorable thing about her is how she says 'please'. She rubs her belly with both hands and she knows just when to do it. I hardly ever have to ask, "say please" because she just does. She'll throw a sippy cup on my lap and frantically start rubbing her belly. Or she'll be reaching for something she can't quite get, look at me and start rubbing. It's incredibly adorable. She also has mixed up the sign "more" and "milk". I've tried to teach her the real sign for "milk" but she wants nothing to do with it and instead signs "more". It's pretty cute. 

Lillian is a curious baby. She's always watching what somebody is doing, or trying to figure out how something is held together, or trying  to climb a little higher, etc. She has such a funny look of concentration when she's puzzled about something and gets really happy when she figures it out and usually ends the task with a round of applause for herself. 


Lillian loves music. She dances by spinning in circles and moving her head from side to side. Sometimes she waves her arm around with it, but her balance is oddly thrown off when she does and we either have a giggle fest or a tear fest that follows. 


Together
IMG_0597 
 
IMG_0447edit 

I'm amazed at their relationship. I can't imagine only having one of them at a time. These girls are twins. They are always aware of their sister's emotions, likes, dislikes, what she's doing, how she's sitting, what she's eating, what she's playing with, if she's talking, if she's laughing etc. They influence each other every second of the day and sometimes it's for good, but the older they get, the more they team up and get into trouble... Really though, these guys have never been better friends than this month. 

They are still doing great in nursery at church. I really didn't think they'd have a problem and every time I've peaked through the hole in the door, I see them happily playing side by side. They are friendly babies with little stranger anxiety. That's such a huge relief to me because although they're thrilled to see us when we pick them up, I know that I can leave them and not be that parent of that (or those) kids. Knock on wood that they continue to like it...

Along those same lines, they really do get along with anyone. They especially like our family and friends and neighbors, but hardly anyone scares them. It's a little scary to me because if I don't have my eye on them constantly, I feel like they could easily get snatched up. They're just that friendly. 

The girls don't really walk anymore. They run. Everywhere. It's getting harder and harder for me to keep up with them (and hold them) by myself. They become less and less like babies every day. 

They still love watching youtube videos with Josh. It's definitely their #1 favorite thing to do. The screams they yell when they see the youtube homepage are kind of alarming. They go crazy. 

Another month has passed. And I think another month has become my favorite.
 Happy 19 months, girls!

1 comment:

  1. They're so cute! Mine interact just a bit (other than taking toys from each other,) but I love it when they do.

    ReplyDelete