11.09.2011

15

I swear I write my monthly update post every time I sit down to blog. This really is going by fast, but I sort of love it. I LOVE this stage. They are absolutely hilarious. They understand a lot of humor, have the biggest personalities and have turned into complete hams. 
For reals, 15 months is my favorite age so far. It is so, so fun.

Sophie

IMG_5919

IMG_6049 

IMG_6038 


Sophie continues to be the child with the most outgoing personality. She is the bigger ham of the little piggies and she relishes in attention.

Sophie is constantly talking. Constantly. Between her "Dadda's" and "Mama's" she'll throw in a" baby", "puppy", or "yeah". I'm not entirely convinced she knows when to use those last 3 words, but when you ask her, "Sophie, where's the puppy?" she runs to the front door in hopes to go see our neighbor's dog. It's pretty cute.

Speaking of animals, she still hates them. We went to the zoo yesterday and she was really, really uneasy about seeing the animals. She freaked out over seeing a goat and a turkey, but oddly enough she didn't seem to mind when she was 2 feet from a giraffe. Go figure. We've also taken her to see Grandpa Mangelson's chickens and her reaction to them was equal to her turkey reaction. She did not like them one bit.

This girl is usually the ring leader of the pair. If there's a bathroom door cracked open with a toilet lid up, Lillian will usually walk right past it, but Sophie is the one to go get into trouble. Lillian always follows her and contributes to the trouble making, but 9 times out of 10 it's Sophie to start the mischief.

Sophie's latest quirk is standing over the heater. Josh apparently did it as a kid and Sophie's following in his footsteps. She loves the floor vents and will either plop down on them or stand right over them with a huge grin on her face. It's pretty adorable to see her wispy little hair blow in the hot air.

Lillian

IMG_0104b&w 
  
IMG_5706

IMG_6043


This girl is learning how to hold her own. She's always been the 'silent but deadly' twin and she continues to live up to her reputation. If Sophie takes something of hers, she fights back and usually wins.

Lillian has been really cuddly this month. And by really cuddly, I mean she'll let you hold her and maybe even put her head on your shoulder/chest for more than 30 seconds. She's popped 4 new teeth this month and I'm pretty sure that has everything to do with her extra dose of affection. 

Because of teething, Lillian has also not been sleeping well. I *think* she's over it now, but for a while there it was pretty much a guarantee that she'd be up at least twice during the night.  It provided me with sleepless nights, but lots of cuddle time with a not so cuddly baby, so I was alright with it. That is...until Sophie woke up bright an early when Lillian and I wanted to sleep in. 

Lillian is an actress. She milks everything for all it's worth and exaggerates everything. The happy, the sad, the frustrated... I'm not sure how else to describe it. She just knows what will get a reaction and will exaggerate any emotion she is feeling to get there. 

She's added another staple sound to her vocabulary. She still growls all the time (and now she realizes it's funny, so she's doing it more and more) but has now added "oot" (rhymes with boot and toot) to her daily phrases. This sparks lots and lots of singing of "I like to oot, oot, oot, oopples and banoonoos" from Josh and I. Yep, we're pretty cool...

IMG_6058

Both of the girls are getting faster at walking and becoming defiant toddlers. They are to the point where they'd rather walk than be held and they'd rather feed themselves than eat from a spoon. 

I'm working on getting them to learn body parts and more words, but sometimes it's discouraging. Everything turns into a game (which I guess it should) and I don't feel like there's much learning going on. I know I shouldn't let it bug me, because they'll pick up on things at their own pace, but when you're surrounded by 5 billion other kids about their same age on the internet and in real life, it's hard not to compare.

Another thing that's really taken off this month is fighting. These girls can be brutal. I'm talking mean! They pull hair, slap faces, pull ears, kick, tackle each other to the ground, poke eyes, sit on each other... it's bad. So, any tips on how to keep them from not killing each other would be appreciated. :)

It's getting harder and harder to get pictures of them together. They both take off in opposite directions before I can even lift my camera up to my eyes. This twin thing has been a little bit crazy, but toddler twins? Holy smokes. I'm scared! 

Still though, I love, love, love this age.
Happy 15 months, girls.

4 comments:

  1. I try to do this once a day with my girls. I say "Love your sister." and then they will lean over and hug the closest sister or put their lips on her to kiss. Its precious. To start out you have to put their arms around one another and teach them but they love it now. Im starting to do it now after someone bites another. I'll say No no! Love your sister. So i think it helps. Anyway, hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lillian's purple pajamas with the birds- although they're black and white in the picture. I just bought these for Ellie at Costco and am in love with them. As for advice about them not killing each other... I have NO idea. Good luck! I would be so bad at knowing how to handle that. Much love to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elmo shirts...and the pictures of course! They're adorable. Good job keeping up with the blog AND your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI - Lillian is totally making a Kelsey face in the third picture.

    ReplyDelete