11.01.2011

My Memory Suite Giveaway


Ok guys, you ready for the long awaited giveaway? You better be, because it's here! A few weeks ago I was contacted by My Memories Suite. They asked if I was interested in doing a review/giveaway for their digital scrapbooking software. Here's the thing... I'm not crafty. I don't scrapbook. I've admitted that I've tried to use Photoshop to make cards or blog headers and have failed each time. I honestly didn't think I was going to do this giveaway because it simply didn't seem like it was my thing. 
Then I downloaded the software....

It's super, super easy to use and there are a ton of things you can do with it. Once I got into it, I played around for well over an hour. You can create your own pages from scratch, use their pre-made layouts, choose form dozens and dozens of backgrounds, page shapes, picture sizes, etc. You can also add "stickers", text, texture, video, audio, and even edit your pictures through the software.

You create photo albums and save them to a disk, keep them on your computer, convert them to jpegs, or print them off to have an actual scrapbook. I'm mostly excited to make blog headers and cards with it. I've already made 3 or 4 options for Christmas cards this year and I'll be putting up a new header on my blog soon. Like I said, it's super easy to use (for those familiar with the picnik software, I would compare it to that as far as how easy it is) and you can really do so much with it. I haven't checked out other digital scrapbooking software, but this programs seems to encompass everything you would need. If you want to make a slide show, party invitations, a photo album, a calendar, a company logo, cards, etc, My Memory Suite can do it. 

Now onto the giveaway.... My Memory Suite has a copy of the software to give to one of my readers. You've got a few different ways to enter. 
 
1. Visit the My Memories website, come back here and tell me what you would use the software for. 
2. Become a follower of the My Memories Blog and come back and let me know that you are. 
3. Blog, tweet or facebook about the giveaway.
4. Tell me what your favorite Christmas song is. Yep, I don't really care if you follow me or not, but I'm OBSESSED with Christmas music and I'm the freak who's been listening to it since June. So, I'm forcing you to join me in thinking about Christmas. So yeah, what's your favorite Christmas song. :)

Leave a separate comment for each entry and I'll pick the winner from random.org on Friday, November 4th at 9pm MST.

Here are a few examples of some stuff I did. Remember, these are pretty basic because I am as about as crafty and creative as a rock. I am pretty excited about making a blog header though. I've got a two of them that I'm debating between. Anyway, I think I've rambled enough...




Good luck!
And even if you don't win, I'll have a coupon code for $10 off the My Memory Suite software and a $10 discount for the My Memory Store. I'll give that to you later though because you don't want to buy the software if you have a chance to win one, right? :)

35 comments:

  1. Ok I totally want this. I would make calendars for my mom every year for Christmas. And blog headers. And waste multiple hours playing and designing crafty things to my hearts content. (I'm not crafty either.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my favorite Christmas song on all time is called Auld Lang Syne (the millennium mix) by Kenny G. Brings back WAY too many wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite Christmas music? Ok well I love "Still still still" for religious music. And how can you not love "One more sleep till christmas" sung by Kermit the Frog in a Muppet's Christmas Carol. Love! Oh and the software would be pretty great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh la la! Favorite Christmas songs that I never get sick of...."Where are you Christmas" from The Grinch "All I want for Christmas" by mariah carey and "Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday"- Nsync

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool blog. I would totally make my own scrapbook from that. That's awesome and seems so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now follow the my memories blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have too many favorite Christmas songs. My favorite albums are: Amy Grant(I have two) and Celine Dion. If you like Christmas as much as I think you do, find the Celine Dion one. She is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love this!! I could make, calendars, holiday and birthday cards.... and tons more! Seriously sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm following the my memories blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the SheDaisy's "Brand New Year" Christmas album and Dave Matthews Band "Christmas Song"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd make a scrapbook and print it off. I'm in need of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Favorite Christmas song-baby it's cold outside w/ nick lachay (spelling?) and Jessica Simpson. Hehe. I'm not afraid to admit it. Maybe it's because I wish they were still married?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I'm following the my memories blog. Ooh I hope I win!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I want for Christmas is you. Totally cheesy I know! And I know the She & Him album is gonna be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would totally make memory books for my little boy, Patrick. Also, it would be fun to use to make photo albums for family. I would totally be happy if I win!

    And, I really think the 12 days of Christmas in Utah is so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. FYI: the unknown is Christina Howell. Don't know why it is not showing my display name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, I would totally love this. I completely lack the ability to scrapbook, but I have lots of pictures on my computer that I want to do things with. Also, it would be nice to be able to have an option to make a digital scrapbook because I would be about a million times more likely to do that than I am to whip out the ol' Fiskars patterned scissors and the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would use the software to make memory books just to have for our own record and to share with grandparents who don't live close by as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a follower of the My memories blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks AWESOME! I am following my memories on Facebook.
    Natalie Pemberton

    ReplyDelete
  21. i am now a follower of my memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i would use this to scrapbook and make cards!!!!!! ahh!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i dont have a favorite song because i love almost all christmas songs!!! i would seriously listen to them year round but my hubby would go crazy lol ill pick one just cause you said so...baby its cold outside. and i must add i enjoy the classic songs better than the remakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite Christmas song is O' Holy Night. I too, am one of the freaks listening since June! I would love this software...almost as much as I love your blog.;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. As far as Christmas songs, I like TONS of them... especially when sung by classic guys like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. I don't know that I could choose ONE favorite Christmas song...I like so many for so many different reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great giveaway! My favorite Christmas song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Sarah McLachlan. It's such a beautiful, sad song, and it makes me cry nearly every time I listen to it. Hope you like it. I I hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would definitely make Christmas cards. All probably cards for all holidays. Aaaaand scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow the memories blog. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite Christmas song? Tough one. I really like all the songs done by Barenaked Ladies. Have you heard their Christmas album? I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would make headers, cards, and some scrapbook pages or something...So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have so many favorite Christmas songs...but I really love Carol of the Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

    ReplyDelete