11.22.2011

Zoo




I'm not sure why, but I never blogged about our trip to the Zoo a few weeks ago. Maybe it's because I didn't take too many pictures (yeah, that's probably it) but we had a really good time. It was cold enough for there not to be many people there, but not unbearably cold. 

All of these pictures were taken with my point and shoot and I didn't edit any of them, so don't hate me for that.

Even though it really wasn't that cold, we bundled the girls up with thick, lined hoodies and boots.



Sophie continued to hate the animals. She did her nervous cry, clung onto us and didn't want to get near them at all. 








When we walk by the Ostrich,  this is what happened. It crouched down, stuck its feathers out and started swaying back and forth. It would stand up, look us square in the eye and peck at the fence. Pretty sure it wanted to eat us. Apparently those things are violent? Who knew?


I don't have a picture of our other angry animal encounter, but the Lemurs freaked out when Josh walked up to them. The started acting like this. It was kind of like the gorilla experience we had when we last went to the zoo. I think primates are pretty intimidated by Josh's 6'5'' stance.

I love the zoo. And I love that the babies have been there 3 times in the past 15 months. Maybe we should look into getting an annual pass....

Sorry this blog is up so late in the day. It's Josh's day off so we've been out Christmas shopping and I've been doing school garbage. Tell me this college degree thing is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment