I know, I know. I post a lot of picture of the babies taking baths. The thing is that when you have two 10 month olds, the bathtub is a great place for them because they can't get away! I can keep them in one spot and they are content to play as long as I let them. I usually take pretty good advantage of this time by taking a bunch of pictures. I literally have hundreds (if not a thousand) pictures of them in the bathtub. The only problem with this, is the fact that bathrooms are notorious for having awful lighting. Here's an unedited picture of the babies in our apartment bathroom.
See how yellow it is? I could have used a flash, but I haven't mastered the flash in manual mode yet. Plus, I don't have one of those fash-bouncing-thingys (can't you tell I'm a real photographer? HAHA!) so there would be a blinding flash mark on the tub. I've got photoshop (which I really don't know how to use very well) and I play around with the white balance (you can do that when you open the picture in Camera Raw) and the levels and curves. Most of the time, I can get the pictures to look OK, but they usually look a lot better in black and white. That's why when Sharon took pictures of the girls in the tub, she used black and white film. It looks a lot better.
Well, in the girls' new bathroom, there's a teeny tiny window above the tub. I was shocked when I saw the difference of that one insignificant window. Here's an unedited picture in the new bathroom.
Sure, it's not perfect and I'm obviously no professional, but look at the difference! I'll still play around with the levels a little bit, but it's so much closer to 'perfect' than bathtub pictures were before. If there's one thing this house has taught me, it's the benefit of natural light. The pictures in the post below were hardly edited at all. In fact, I think I only touched up one of them and that was to make it less bright.
Reason number 593,027 why I'm excited for our house.


trust me, you are MUCH more of a photographer than I am. I need tips girlie! Of course, I also need a REAL camera!
ReplyDelete