6.09.2011

.


First off, has everyone's blogger updated? Weeeeeeird. It completely rocked my world this morning. I don't like change.

Actually, one change I am excited for is this upcoming move. Honestly, I sorta hate where we live. People aren't friendly, we live on the second floor which makes going anywhere by myself (with the girls of course) almost impossible, we don't live in a neighborhood so there's not really even a place to go on walks if I were to get down to ground level, we're a little bit frustrated with our ward (congregation at church), and I'm sick of having the apartment look messy simply because we have absolutely no storage space. Because of all this, I'm greatly looking forward to the next couple of weeks. We're doing the final walk through of our home today and then the loan needs to be finalized and then...we move! I am thrilled! Over the next month, we're going to be living in both places though, so blogging might be sparse. Since we're moving relatively close, we don't have to make one massive trip and move everything in at once. Plus, we need to order a fridge for the new home and I sorta refuse to sleep there until we have one... Anyway, I'm not rambling and this wasn't even what this post was supposed to be about, so moving on...

The weather this spring has been crazy. I don't think I have to tell any of you that, but I haven't liked it. Being cooped up with two babies all winter long was a killer and I did not really appreciate having the wettest spring in Utah's history immediately following. However, the past week or so has been wonderful! We've gone on walks in the park, played on our apartment's play ground, swam in our pool, and played on our deck. The girls LOVE being on the deck and I squeal quite loudly for all to hear. As mentioned, our neighbors aren't too friendly. We sorta know a few of them from church, but not really. There's a high turn over rate here with people constantly moving in and out, so really, we don't know anyone at all. On this particular evening, when the girls were playing on the balcony, they shocked several people below. They babies would squeal and the people walking by would jump, look up and say something like "ahhh, TWINS!" or "two babies!" or just laugh. These girls are quite a circus show, which is why I'm excited for our new house. Kids are everywhere. There are literally over a hundred in our neighborhood. Every time we've gone to see the house, there's at least a dozen kids running around the street, kids playing in the park in the center of the neighborhood and several moms/families pushing strollers. Much better than where we are now. And now I'm rambling again. Here are some pictures. And no, the babies were in no danger while these pictures were being taken. I know it looks like they could fall to their death, but they can't. 

IMG_1093

IMG_1095

IMG_1105

IMG_1100
And yes, they're in disposables. I'm not that crazy and realize that a mother of two sometimes needs a cloth diapering break.

I love that the weather is finally cooperating. 

Oh and sorry for the lack of a title. For the life of me, I couldn't think of anything to call this post. I'm not feeling clever or funny. Thus, the dot.

Edit: I hung out with Becky yesterday and all four of our babies. It was crazy. Crazy cool. She wrote about it here. You should check it out because she has an iPhone and thus has cool iPhone pictures of the us.

Another edit: The babies are TEN months old today! Yikes. Yikes. Yikes. I didn't realize it until just now. I'll start writing that post and publish it tomorrow. Ten months. That means in TWO months they'll be a year. Excuse me while I go cry.


5 comments:

  1. Okay. The baby looking up, second pic from the bottom... Sophie?
    I will figure this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! My little girl is 9 months so she is just behind your girls and I love seeing the similarities. Also, thank you for your reviews on cloth diapers! Your blog was a major contributor in helping me decide which cloth diapers to try and what to expect. And now thanks to your recent post, I'm going to try prefolds next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they are getting so old! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their painted toes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete