I had only been to the state fair once in 6th grade, but I want to make a yearly tradition out of it. SO entertaining. We saw lots and lots of interesting people, animals and lots of twins. I even met a set of down syndrome twins. Do you realize how crazy that is to have twins that both have downs? Seriously, the chances are probably one is a gazillion. Their mother seemed incredible and they were possibly the cutest little boys I've ever seen. Anyways, I didn't take too many pictures (oops) but here are some we did take.
While Sophie slept, we got Lillian out and let her soak up the livestock.
Overall we had a really good time. We did make a big mistake though. Just outside of the sheep barn, the girls started their "I'm instantly famished and if I don't get food this instant, I will scream my self to death" scream. We wanted to feed them on the the bench, but since they were taken, we just popped the bottles into their mouths while standing by the entrance. Big mistake! We became a fair spectacle. I'm pretty sure we answered, "Twins?! How old? Weight?How far along? Girls? Identical? Run in your family? Hands full? I want twins! Getting any sleep?" close to 30 times. No joke. Next time, we'll huddle behind a tree and secretly feed them.
In other news, I put Lillian in a cloth diaper today. She pooped and peed and it was no big deal. We went through over 600 diapers in the first month, so it will be a nice break for our wallet to not have to spend 30-40 bucks every week on them. Sophie is now in one too, but I haven't changed her yet (yes, that means their schedules are slightly off today...grrrr....) but I'm assuming (hoping) it will go as smoothly as her as it has so far with Lillian.
wow. your little family amazes me!! i am so impressed that you guys are out and about. way to go!
ReplyDeleteyour girls are getting cuter every time i see them! {or pictures of them...since i still need to see them in person!} they are lucky to have such awesome parents.
and that butter sculpture???? that was incredible!
Do people tell you the babes look just like your husband? -Except in small, girl, baby form? Cause they do! I love how you insert them so nicely next to farm life. They'll love these when they're older haha!
ReplyDeleteAhh! You're so sweet. On behalf of my mom, thanks for visiting the butter cow!!! I'm glad you're starting a tradition of annually attending the State Fair - it's something I look forward to all year! It's so fun to people-watch & smell all the Fair-food & see all the animals & such... I love it! You & your family are so cute :)
ReplyDeletep.s. i meant to comment on the title of your post :) i have a feeling you had cami in mind when you wrote that...haha
ReplyDeleteWay to get out and go have some fun with your girls! Outings like this help you to keep your sanity! What a beautiful family you have! -Oh and way to go on the cloth diapering! Seriously, I've always wanted to do it, and if I could get my hubby on board with is we would.... but it'll never happen! :) You go girl!
ReplyDelete