9.25.2010

Super student

Warning: The first part of this post is not happy.

I just realized I missed my first exam in my natural disasters class (natural disasters. Ironic, right?). My plate is full and I'm exhausted. I'm the dummy that thought I could handle twins, school, a few shifts at work and maintaining a clean house. I'm quickly realizing that I can't really handle a single thing on that list. Now I have to decide if I should grovel to my professor or let it go and accept that I can get at most an 88% in the class (that would be my new 100%. But really, who gets 100% on everything? My new reality is probably a 78%). I think I'll do the latter. I mean, C's get degrees, right?

On a little brighter note, when I was at the Relief Society Broadcast, Josh cleaned the entire house. I've been meaning to do that for.....weeks. He got it done in 2 hours. He is amazing. (Shameless husband brag...)

Also, I got to see two of my old roommates/best friends this morning. The girls instantly fell in love.

And on the brightest note of the night, Sophie has started smiling. Not a "I just passed a killer toot" smile, but a "hey, you're my mom and dad and I like you" smile. I don't think there's a cuter baby out there. Well, I guess it's a toss up between her and her sister, but since everyone thinks they're identical (which I'm 90% sure they are not) I guess what I say about one, is true for the other.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Brittany, I love you! I wish that I still lived in Loga! I had a dream this morning that you, Amanda, Lacy, Hailey, and I all got together with your babies. I wish so much that it could have happened. We are coming down twice in November (my sister is going on a mission), can we please see you? I will help you make a beautiful wreathe (for under $20) for your front door, or whatever else makes you happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a great excuse for missing the exam...if you decide to grovel, you're professor should think so, and if not, you still have a great excuse. You're amazing to be doing all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take Natural Disasters pass/fail! I didn't know at first you can do that since you're probably taking it for your depth science, but you can. So I did and it made my life SO much easier. It was the easiest class after that. Getting a decent grade might take some amount of effort in that class, but passing it takes almost none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are super woman!!! i had NO idea that you were taking classes this semester...i am so impressed and proud of you.

    that is so exciting sophie has started to smile!! babies are the best.

    and was the general relief society meeting not the BEST?? president monson is amazing.

    ReplyDelete