9.07.2010

Due Date

Today is the girl's official due date. Can you believe that I technically could still be pregnant? Thankfully, pregnancy seems like a distant dream. I went from this:

To being the mom of her (Sophie)


and her (Lillian)



They used to happily share a swing

but now I'm grateful we bought two

They both love being awake in their bouncy seats

Sophie

Lillian
and they love staring at each other (ok, so Sophie looked away right as I snagged the pic...)

Even though they're still under 7 pounds, they seem huge to me. Carrying them both (especially in their car seats) is getting harder (I know, I'm a wimp.) and they are finally starting to fit into their clothes! They've conquered 3 hours of church, going to the store almost every day (hey, I've gotta get out somehow...) and we're going to attempt going to the State Fair this week. They are more alert and awake now and are constantly making the silliest noises and faces. They are acting more and more like regular newborns each day and I realized yesterday that we no longer have preemies. The past 29 days have flown by and have been a blur, but I'd sacrifice the sleep, showering, and a clean house any day for these little ladies.

I love my new life I am humbled to be their mother.
I am obsessed with their adorableness
and I love them with all my heart.

7 comments:

  1. They are so adorable!! Love all the cute pics! Glad everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you grow twin muscles. I still carry both my girls in their car seats at the same time and they're about twenty pounds EACH now (plus the car seats). They are adorable! I like how awake and cute they both are in the last picture.

    Also, if you go to the state fair, look for the butter cow (in the building at the very most southwest corner). My mom is sculpting it!

    P.S. Love your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most adorable picture of Lillian I've ever seen. So cute! I love how she's staring at Sophie in the other photo, too. What fun babies!

    I too enjoy the new blog. I like that the blue doesn't threaten the simplicity I've always appreciated in your blog style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm your babies are the cutest things EVER!!! i love them. and can't believe that they are already four weeks old.

    ps. i love the blog, and can't wait to have the internet so i can update ours as well :) {i am currently at the city library...how cool am i???}

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh stop it, you're making me baby hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked SO good just days before you delivered!!!!! You are amazing Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are gorgeous! So wide-eyed and alert for preemie babies. They look very intelligent already :) My baby girls just turned 6 months old. Time flies, it really does!

    ReplyDelete