...in our home is this:

Too bad we have to use it about 30 times a day. These girls produce a remarkable amount of boogers.
I called the pediatrician today. Who knew that it was normal for babies over a month to not poop for almost a week? Me either. Luckily, an ounce of apple juice got things going for a certain little girl.
Still cloth diapering. I think it's awesome and am so excited for the girls to get a tiny big bigger so I can bust out my pocket diapers.
Sophie has decided that she hates sleeping. She didn't really fall asleep until 5 this morning. It wouldn't be such a big deal if she was peacefully chillin' in her crib, but she chooses to scream. Sometimes for hours. I tried rocking her, the swing, bouncy chair, the floor, swaddled, not swaddled, nothing worked. I finally fell asleep with her on the couch, just in time for Lillian to wake up hungry. I was terrified to wake Sophie up to eat, so I just let her sleep. Convenient at the time, but now they're way off from each other. In theory, having twins on a schedule seems easy, but having two different temperaments is making it a little difficult. Hopefully we get back to normal soon and hopefully Sophie actually decides to sleep tonight.
Despite the lack of sleep, today was much better than yesterday. I got ready and got out of the house. It's crazy how quickly your day flies by with two little ones and you realize it's 4 pm and you still haven't brushed your teeth. Luckily, Josh doesn't work Fridays so I'll have an adult to share my day with. I talk to myself more and more these days and that can't be good for anyone's sanity. ;)

I called the pediatrician today. Who knew that it was normal for babies over a month to not poop for almost a week? Me either. Luckily, an ounce of apple juice got things going for a certain little girl.
Still cloth diapering. I think it's awesome and am so excited for the girls to get a tiny big bigger so I can bust out my pocket diapers.
Sophie has decided that she hates sleeping. She didn't really fall asleep until 5 this morning. It wouldn't be such a big deal if she was peacefully chillin' in her crib, but she chooses to scream. Sometimes for hours. I tried rocking her, the swing, bouncy chair, the floor, swaddled, not swaddled, nothing worked. I finally fell asleep with her on the couch, just in time for Lillian to wake up hungry. I was terrified to wake Sophie up to eat, so I just let her sleep. Convenient at the time, but now they're way off from each other. In theory, having twins on a schedule seems easy, but having two different temperaments is making it a little difficult. Hopefully we get back to normal soon and hopefully Sophie actually decides to sleep tonight.
Despite the lack of sleep, today was much better than yesterday. I got ready and got out of the house. It's crazy how quickly your day flies by with two little ones and you realize it's 4 pm and you still haven't brushed your teeth. Luckily, Josh doesn't work Fridays so I'll have an adult to share my day with. I talk to myself more and more these days and that can't be good for anyone's sanity. ;)

eww we hate that little booger sucker too! we just had to use it on max tonight and he screamed the entire time.
ReplyDeleteit's good to hear that other people have a difficult time getting ready for the day as well. except...i only have one child. so i shouldn't be complaining!
love you girl! ps. danny's friend is having a bachelor party saturday in...PROVO!! yeehaw. so, can we please schedule a time to see each other???
I SO wish I lived in Logan and could come chill with you lovely ladies all.day.long! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHa. If oooooonly babies would lay peacefully in their cribs and not scream. Oh, you're a dreamer. But you're not the only one. Have you heard of turning on a hair dryer to make the baby stop fussing? Apparently it does miracles.
ReplyDeleteOk, I don't know proper etiquette to respond to the post you left on my blog but I thought you might get it here. Your story of the girl teaching you the poof is the funniest thing ever. I'm sitting in the ray b west building right now, laughing out loud, and people are starring. Little do they know that I'm laughing at the fact that they too are sporting the poof...and getting a double take.
ReplyDeleteOk, I don't know proper etiquette to respond to the post you left on my blog but I thought you might get it here. Your story of the girl teaching you the poof is the funniest thing ever. I'm sitting in the ray b west building right now, laughing out loud, and people are starring. Little do they know that I'm laughing at the fact that they too are sporting the poof...and getting a double take.
ReplyDeleteYou know when one gets a cold, the other will soon follow. My girls have discovered the art of picking their noses, so keeping all that yuck sucked out is a must!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. diluted prune juice is always on hand at our house for those poopless times.
By the way, you're little ladies are adorable!!
Brittany, you're hilarious. I love reading your blog. Good luck with the little ones! It sounds like you're a great mom!
ReplyDeleteI linked over from babycenter checking out blogs. Way to go for you for keeping it up through early busy baby days! I hand wrote a journal since my first twins and I am now trying to catch up editing that journal into a blog.
ReplyDeletewww.tandemtwinning.com
About the evil 'booger machine' as we called it in my home...when my babes got really stuffy, I took psuedoehpederine (not the mixed stuff, just plain generic, no other ingredients) as it is supposed to be relatively safe for BFing. I was desparate (we all had the bug my older kids had) I thought it did help there little noses. Be thankful that right now they aren't strong enough to take you down while you use it - it will soon be a 2-person job!
BTW: Can you eat cheese curds and deep fried mac n cheese on a stick at your state fair? :)
Best wishes for you and your little girls!