5.06.2009

i.d.a.h.o.

Summer is here and I couldn't be happier. I've been super spoiled lately because my job doesn't pick up 'real hours' for another week or two. Josh goes to work every day at noon, leaving me the whole day to...read, blog, clean, and hunt for food. Yesterday, my telly rang and I was pleased when my dear friend Lacy asked if I wanted to go to Idaho with her. "Dang straight!" I replied. So we hopped on Main Street in Logan, headed north for about 20 minutes and arrived in the gloomy state of Idaho. On our way back from our Preston adventure, we got a little lost. Yes, we got lost coming from Preston to Logan (insert laughter here). However, we found our way back, but not without seeing the scenic side of Preston.





We then met up with Willie (aka Hailey) and got a snow cone. If you haven't experienced the snow cones in the Hastings parking lot, get up here now. I'd argue that they're equal too(but quite possibly better than) Summer Snow on State Street in Orem. Yesterday I was delighted to find out that they had a pomegranate flavor. I got my scoop 'o ice cream on the bottom and was a happy camper. I'd say last summer Lacy and I downed at least 4 of these babies a week. I might just break that record this summer. After all, as I told a co-worker of mine, "They're seasonal. Take advantage before they are gone for another 9 months."




p.s. I'm really not shorter than Lacy. Every time I go to Idaho I realize that I'm probably taller than half the state. I'm not that tall at all, but I've learned to slouch while taking pics with people from Idaho so I don't look like a freak.

B.

5 comments:

  1. Pomegranate? I will definelty be coming up there for a little sno cone action! ps- I also learned to slouch for the malad-ians! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice of you guys to humor us. and idaho is not gloomy!! small, hick-ish, lacking entertainment.....but not gloomy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacy, have you seen the pictures? It was totally gloomy!I mean, Utah wasn't much different, but still I'd consider it gloomy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was the weather not 'daho. !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you 3 girls.
    I love your red couches.
    I love that you're a cool married person who still hangs out with your friends.

    ReplyDelete