I was waiting in Great Clips today as Josh was getting his hair cut reading, The Memory Keepers Daughter (GREAT book. All should read it....) when these two guys walked in. I'm not going to describe them because I don't want to stereotype, but when one answered his phone this was what was said,
"Yeah, I just got out of jail a few hours ago."
...blah blah blah on the other end....
"I'm looking forward to it. There is a girl I saw in court the other day, man she was tight. I'm going to try to find her and meet up. See what she's all about..."
Now, this is the edited version of the conversation. I heard more swear words in that short phrase than I've heard in the past month. Again, I'm not trying to pass judgment and hope I don't come off as self-righteous, but...seriously? How many people can say they're fresh out of jail. I actually found it slightly comical, and completely out of my comfort zone. As I said in a few posts back; I got a glimpse into someone else's life and I'll never know the outcome. Good for this guy for paying his dues to society. I wonder if he'll find his "tight girl". I guess it goes to show you that even in a little town like Logan Utah, you find a myriad of people.
But really, I'm putting another plug in for The Memory Keepers Daughter...it's marvelous. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment