1.19.2009

Callings and Burgers

Josh and I are officially members with callings in our ward. Nursery! There's another couple in there with us (a couple that was in my first Pine View ward) and with only 3 kids yesterday it was a piece of cake! I guess there are normally 8 kids, so maybe next week it will be a little more crazy. The Primary President said that this coming year we should be getting at least 4 more kids without loosing any of our current ones, so it's going to just keep growing! The kids were really unsure about us for the first hour or so, but after that they started warm up to us. It should be great and we're really excited, along with being a little scared. We'll see how it goes! :)

After church, Josh and I came home and made burgers. It may seem like a simple, every day task, but these were some mean burgers. Josh pounded them into square patties and we had bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce, and homemade fries from our deep fryer. (Yes, we have a deep fryer. I'm expecting to gain 30 pounds in the next year...) Maybe it still doesn't seem like a big deal to make such a meal, but when you're in college and used to seeing how many creative ways there are to make spaghetti, it is a treat to have some beef and fried potatoes that aren't from Wendy's.


Josh is the master of the deep fry

These tasted better than they look

We took this one with a self timer. At the last second Josh squeezed me. This was my reaction.

2 comments:

  1. A deep fryer? No way! We needed one of those in PV 34! Sounds fun! And nursery is my dream calling! Jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!! Nursery will be fun...and you guys can do it together! I'm scared that we'll get callings apart...haha...it's funny cuz before today, we haven't been apart from each other for more than an hour, since the morning of our wedding! And that hour was at church! HAHA...this day is torture. Haha...I love reading about your fun couple activities! We're so excited! I will have to update my blog soon. Anyhoo...sorry for the super long comment. Luvs

    ReplyDelete