8.27.2012

What we did in August

August is a busy month for us. We have the three birthdays and it's also the month where we pack in a TON of fun, free stuff. Josh's company gives the employees a little coupon book each August with free passes for things to do around Utah. There's no way we could fit everything in, but we fit in as much as we could and had a lot of fun. Here's a photobomb of Discovery Gateway, The Thanksgiving Point Gardens, The Dinosaur Museum, Thanksgiving Point Farm, and the Natural History Museum.
I'll admit, most of these pictures are pretty crappy. I'm not good at taking pictures inside dark places. Should I throw it on auto? Use a flash? Which lens to use? I feel like I made the wrong decision every time. Oh well, at least I have something. 

















 At the Natural History Museum, they have glass floors with dinosaur displays that you walk on. Sophie didn't think it was a big deal, but Lillian was terrified of falling through the glass. She didn't get it at all and even with help from Josh, she freaked out






Both girls were so concerned about the "puppy" that was "stuck" in the box. Sophie actually started crying over it...


It was really fun going to all of these places this year. We went last year, but the girls definitely didn't appreciate it as much and they were just learning how to walk, so the experience was completely different. Hopefully, we keep getting these free passes every August because they give us an excuse to get out of the house and the girls had SO much fun.
And best of all? It was free!

2 comments:

  1. I adore your new blog header! What a fun month you guys had. Free stuff is the BEST! I can't wait to see Lacy's wedding post. :) No pressure. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And that is awesome that they are all free. Sign me up!! I hate things I have to pay for, because I don't know if Millie is going to like it. They are so cute Brittany!

    ReplyDelete