Yesterday, I made play-dough for the girls. It took very little effort and I was convinced that it would be an instant hit.
Guess what? It wasn't.
Sophie kept saying, "ewwwwww! eeeeeeeeeeeew!" and Lillian would simply shake her head and give me a "no! no! no!" They actually cried when
I made them touch it. So, I put in little plastic containers (empty
apple sauce containers) and put it on the counter. They were curious
about it the rest of the day, but whenever I'd get it out, they'd freak
out again. It was hilariously bizarre. After dinner, when they were
already in their highchairs, I decided to try it out again. I'm not sure
what was so different this time, but they not only touched it, they
played with it.
*These pictures are a little blurry due to my ridiculously slow shutter speed. Oops. I'm such an amateur ...
They even shared!
And of course, Sophie tried to eat it. Now I know why that recipe calls for so much salt.
After about 20 minutes of play, I had to whip out the songs to keep them entertained. He's Lillian's action for Wheels On The Bus. We're in the middle of the 'babies on the bus' verse...
What the mommies on the bus do...
the doors going open and shut...
And this is what Lillian's "all through the town" looks like.
All in all, the play-dough was a success. Sophie asked for it first thing this morning, so I think it's safe to say that they aren't terrified of it anymore.
I love their highchairs. I love your pictures. I love that you didn't throw it away as a lost cause. I love that you sing with your girl.
ReplyDeleteAND
I think they are abosolutely BEAUTIFUL littles.
My grandma used to make that for us. It was VERY salty. Not sure why but I'm sure it's important.
ReplyDeleteDillon's mom made him and his siblings peanut butter playdough. It's just equal parts peanut butter, honey and powdered milk.
It's so funny what kids are afraid of! I was so excited about this little bubble machine for the bathtub. You should have seen the look of horror and the scrambling to get out of the tub when I turned it on!! Terrifying bubbles!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute :) I'm glad they got over their fear of the play-dough! I can't believe how BIG they are getting!!! We need to set up a little play date stat.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you tried it! That is a hilarious first reaction! Play-dough is the bomb! Bentley hasn't tried to eat it yet...but I won the neighbor kids hearts when I made play-dough for them.
ReplyDelete