We had a bad weekend. In some ways it was good because something that I've been stressing over for months finally got resolved. It didn't however, get resolved exactly how I wanted it to be, and I spent a great deal of time feeling cheated and sorry for myself. What this weekend did do, was present itself with the perfect excuse for Josh and I to get away on Monday night. We left the girls overnight for the first time in their lives. I'm incredibly grateful I have a neighbor and little sister that helped make it possible. A quick overnight trip was exactly what the doctor ordered.
We didn't go too far, just to Park City. If you've spent time in Utah and have been to Park City, you know that even though it's just a few minutes away, it's a world away from your stereotypical Utah/Salt Lake County. It was the perfect break and honestly? I didn't miss the girls nearly as much as I thought I would. I mean, I missed them, but I knew they were in good hands and I knew I needed the break. And boy did it feel good to take that break.
Our night started with dinner at Ruby Tuesday, followed by walking up and down Park City's Mainstreet, spending waaaaaay too much money at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, a swim in our hotel's pool/hot tub and finally, a semi restful sleep. I say semi restful because we only had a queen size bed. We don't do well in queen size beds. I don't understand how any couple does well in queen size beds, but we especially do not. Josh is 6'5 and we both move a lot in our sleep. Arms go a flyin' and faces get smacked when we're in a queen. We managed to sleep though and I got to sleep in and wake up on my own time. I was so excited about not having to change diapers and get sippy cups that I spent over an hour in bed whilst watching HGTV and The Price Is Right. I felt like a royalty. It was probably my favorite part of the trip.
We then ate breakfast, got ready and headed to the outlets. I wanted to focus on getting things for Josh, because his birthday is this coming Sunday, but nope. He spoiled me instead. I spent the most money I ever have before on jeans and got a hoodie and yoga pants. Retail therapy is real, my friends. It's a beautiful thing.
I didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few of the ones I did.
The resident cat in the bookstore...
It wasn't until we were in the car ready to come home that I realized we never got a picture of the two of us. So this is it. An unflattering picture of us. :)
It really was the perfect little trip and I'm not sure what I did to deserve being spoiled like I was, but I was really, really grateful for it.
Glad you got a little vacation! Very jealous. Also - something that might brighten up your day a little.. Am I remembering right that you like Joshua Radin? (or is that a different blog and i look like an idiot? either way...) He came out with a new cd! and it is beeeaautiful. I pretty much can't stop listening to "Tomorrow is gonna be better. Because it is THAT good. Go listen!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good break! You two totally deserved it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I am impressed that this is your first vacation from your children for a night. You are incredible! (for reasons other than having a set of twins as well)
ReplyDelete