2.14.2012

V-day

Putting up a post on Valentine's Day is pretty obligatory for a blogger. Pictures of adorable food, flowers, and other forms of lovey-dovey-ness also help create a stereotypical post. What I've learned over the years though, is that I'm not so stereotypical. I do not like Valentine's Day that much. I do not make cute or adorable food. I do not have that many pictures of Josh and I (although I really want to work on that one. It kind of makes me a sad.) to shower my blog with.

What I do have is 3 people in my family that I laugh with every day. Three people who love me for all my weird quirks that I have to hide from other people. Three people who think I'm their world. And three people who are my world. Valentine's Day is cliche and cheesy and all of those things I don't like, but at the end of the day, I have a lot of love in my life and for that, I am grateful.

IMG_9912edit
I snapped this picture as we were literally heading out the door for church on Sunday. I had wanted to get a cute 'first day of nursery' picture and this is what I frantically got. Oh well, I think these three are the cutest.

And Valentine's Day will always remind me of a time in my life where I suspected there were two. It was about a week(ish) before my ultrasound and I knew something was different. There had to have been a reason that at 11 weeks I could no longer button my pants

And now, that little bit of intuition has turned into two crazy toddlers. What a weird world it is.

Josh bought us a Valentine's Day balloon a few days ago and the girls were obsessed. Sadly all I got was this crappy, low lit instagram picture before I accidentally popped it.

Another thing. I was looking at last year's Valentine's post where I read these prophetic words, "I'll be sure to let you all know when our new bedding is done. It might take a year, but once it is done"
Um.... That bedding is definitely nowhere near being done. I think Josh has given up hope. Lacy, we've GOT to get this thing rollin'....

So there you have it. A post for you this Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Your V-Day post is far better than mine. But I totally agree with you. Valentines Day is just not my holiday. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. We are spending Valentines day running kids to practices. But at the end of the day the three people I love most in the world will be home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh what a cute family you have!! those two girlies are getting so big! not cool. we need to see you stat.

    p.s. i still haven't finished that bedding either...one day, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete