Is it weird that I got excited when I realized it was the babies' due date birthday today? Yes, yes it is. BUT in my defense, due dates are a really big deal when you're carrying more than one child at a time. I've mentioned it before, but people are always curious to know how long I "made" it. Did I have them early? Were they tiny? Were they in the NICU? When you're pregnant with twins, numbers and due dates are one of the main things you think about. Last year, when September 7th rolled around I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I was exhausted and worried about how to feed them, how to help them sleep better, and how I was going to survive being the mother of twins.
I still have moments of being overwhelmed, I still worry about how to feed them and get them to sleep better (although, they're doing pretty great with the last one at the moment) but this past year has been fantastic. We've learned a lot and have been through more changes than I anticipated, but its been great. The babies are no longer babies. They are kids. Toddlers who toddle around while giggling up a storm.
We went to Park City yesterday and got the girls clothes for the upcoming winter. I'm blown away at how adorable they make kids clothes. I'm pretty sure I'd wear everything we got the girls, including the purple striped jump suit. These babies are going to be stylin' this fall/winter!
Happy due date birthday, girls. Most people will probably think its silly that I celebrate this, but whatever. When you've got twins, you find any and every reason to celebrate. :)
When I saw this blog post title I got excited because I thought you were pregnant again : )
ReplyDeleteI didn't want to be the only crazy one with twins and a baby all under one and a half : )
Agreed on the baby clothes thing!!f
ReplyDeleteThe yellow top outfit is so cute!
ReplyDeleteLove these babies! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove this post!
ReplyDeletehehe. what cuties you have on your hands!
ReplyDeleteHey! My "due date" for my identical boys was 9-2-2010! I carried 35 weeks 3 days. Crazy the things that matter to a MoM.
ReplyDelete