9.15.2011

Agri-culture

We went to the Utah State Fair on Monday and it brought back memories of our trip last year. What were we thinking??? Taking 7 lb babies an hour and a half from home and going in a densely populated place with a bunch of farm animals?! Not to mention, that I had to pump in the car and I was only 5 weeks our from my c-section. I laugh about it now, but seriously...that seems so crazy!

This year, I didn't take too many pictures because my camera battery was barely alive, but I did get a few that I thought I'd share. 

IMG_4979

IMG_4994b&w

IMG_4968

Recreating this photo
IMG_4982 

We're finding out more and more that Sophie is not a fan of animals. Most of the time, she's completely freaked out by them. Besides for my mom and sister's dogs, I'm not sure there's an animal out there that she really likes. Parts of the fair were torture for her. Whereas Lillian, wanted to cuddle up with everything that had 4 legs.

IMG_4977b&w 

Look at her face! She was not feeling the goats. Not at all.

This guy (who was incredibly creepy) came up to Josh and said, "You're a big one, sir!" Its definitely not that funny just reading it on this blog, but it was really funny in the moment.  He had this creepy, deep robot voice and the truth is, Josh is a big one. I guess the robot was trying to get the big guys to stick together.

IMG_4993 

I wanted to get a family picture, but it never happened. Oh well. Luckily, we're having our pictures taken by Lindsey Orton next week, so it's not that big of a deal. 

I'm glad I married a guy who appreciates sentimental traditions as much as I do. Going to the fair is definitely something our family is going to do every year!

And just in case you were wondering, the title of this post is from the billboards all around Utah. They have a chicken (or cow or pig) over the "Agri" part of the word and a person with tattoos, body piercings, or rainbow colored hair over the "culture" part of the word. They make me laugh every time I see them, but sadly, my 20 second google search didn't come up with anything, so this stupid explanation is all you get. :)

5 comments:

  1. Haha! The kid running from the robot is the best. Also, your girls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should recreate that photo every year. Haha. too funny, she is like 14 and still doing it! cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics, and the post! that blue man is creepy! haha

    p.s. lindsey is taking your pics next week?? lucky girl!! i'm sure they will turn out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Evie isn't a big fan of animals either :-) Whatcha gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to the State Fair last week too! One of these days I am going to randomly run in to you:) Hopefully next year will be more meaningful for the boys, they definitely didn't appreciate it this year!

    ReplyDelete