Did I ever write about the singing turkey we have? If I did, it would have been way back when the babies were still tiny. You see, I have this Christmas turkey that gobbles and sings "Deck The Halls" in a man voice. I think it's great. I bought in my freshman year when I literally had less than $20 to my name. My roommates thought I was crazy (and I probably was) but I fall hard for tacky Christmas decorations (shh...don't tell my sister, the interior designer...). When the babies were little, they loved it. LOVE it. If ever they were crying, I could push the 'on' button on the turkey's chest and the babies would instantly calm down and be in a Christmasy trance. I was so glad that they shared the same love as I did for this stupid toy.
Well....that's not the case anymore. I found the turkey yesterday as I was unpacking. I didn't think twice about showing the girls and they liked it...at first. As soon as I turned the music on, Sophie panicked. Really, really panicked. She scurried right up to my lap with tears running down her cheeks (yes, the tears were almost instant) and screamed a scream I don't think I've ever heard before.
Oops.
Lillian, the lover of music, wasn't too phased by the singing turkey and in fact, started bouncing along to the music. I held Sophie and brought the turned off turkey close to her, but she still wouldn't have it. She knew what it was capable of doing. I then stuck it in the corner and the girls continued to play. Every few minutes, Sophie would stop, flip her head around and stare down the turkey to make sure that it wasn't coming after her.
Poor thing will be traumatized for the rest of her life.
And look! I found a video on youtube with the same turkey. I could have recorded one with our actual turkey, but I'm too lazy and this is the exact same one.
Hilarious, right?
i've said it before and i'll say it again.
ReplyDeleteif i never see that turkey again it will be too soon.
sophie has much knowledge.
I'm sorry, that turkey IS terrifying. The movements are so jarring. No wonder Sophie cried!
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny. I think it's so interesting what kids are afraid of. We never watched Sesame Street because my oldest was deathly afraid of Elmo for the longest time.
ReplyDelete