7.21.2011

Sunbaby update

I keep forgetting to update on my Sunbaby/prefold experiment. I got the prefolds super, super quick. I ordered them on a Saturday and got them on Tuesday! That's pretty good for free, standard shipping. I prepped them by washing them once (I think I just threw them in with the load of towels I needed to do) and immediately stuffed them into the diapers. They are awesome! They lasted the girls a couple of hours and didn't leak at all. They were a teeny bit on the bulky side, but they still worked really well. I think I'll use these for when we're at home and the girls hang out in just a diaper and a t-shirt and save my more trim diapers for when we're out and about. I'm really glad I tried this though because now I have 10 more diapers that are good to use!
IMG_8833
I know she looks super grumpy, but here's Lillian in a Sunbaby stuffed with a prefold

IMG_8837

So, if you're going to go this route (which is super, super, super cheap) I'd just plan on getting some infant size prefolds to use with them as soon as your baby starts eating more. Like I mentioned in the previous post, they worked great until my girls hit about 5 months, but then the inserts weren't absorbent enough. I spent $50 on the diapers and another $15 (or was it $6?) on the prefolds and that provided me with a full days supply for one baby. Pretty cheap if you ask me!

3 comments:

  1. I have a question - I am looking into getting some prefolds to go with some cheap diapers i got off ebay (i think they are called grapeapple.. and some people compared them to sunbabies so I am guessing they are similar to yours) and also some of my thirsties covers but I don't know which size to get. what made you choose the infant size as opposed to the regular or premium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest diapers! I think thats why I'd cloth diaper(if I ever did)...because they are cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I bought some infant sized prefolds and they just came in the mail! I stuffed one of my sunbabys and compared it to the plain insert and it was about the same. but about 100 times more often. suh weet!

    ReplyDelete