I know Tuesday is almost over, but my friend, Jessie, was inspired by her friend, Megan, and I'm stealing (borrowing?) the idea. I need some serious 'me' talk, so I'm looking forward to Tuesdays. Here we go...
{I technically added the second to last one on Wednesday (although it was at 3 am when I was trying to get Lillian to back to sleep.) and when I said 'one baby at a time' I really meant child, so far, we're planning on having a few more kids.}
{I technically added the second to last one on Wednesday (although it was at 3 am when I was trying to get Lillian to back to sleep.) and when I said 'one baby at a time' I really meant child, so far, we're planning on having a few more kids.}
- We went to the zoo today. I've wanted to go for over a year now. It was the greatest few hours I've had in a long time. Pathetic? Maybe, but I freakin' love the zoo.
- Cloth diapering is harder now that real poop has entered the picture. I forget to use liners most of the time and get frustrated and pull out the Luvs. The girls have been in disposables a lot more than I want them to be lately. There. I said it.
- Sometimes I get sad that I'll never know what it's like to have only one baby.
- I got waaaaaay too excited when I saw these. Coolest.Thing.Ever.
- I'm addicted to Netflix documentaries.
- I don't understand people who don't get or like sarcasm.
- Sometimes I wonder if a Bachelor's degree is worth it.
- I'm so ridiculously close to getting said Bachelor's degree, that I should probably stop wondering if it's worth it.
- I would live in Daybreak in a heart beat if we could afford it. Some of those homes are absolutely beautiful.
- I know I don't give the girls the individual attention they need and that kills me.
- Not to toot my own horn, but when I think of how I've done this 'twin' thing on my own (with Josh of course, but he works) I get really, really proud of myself.
- Sometimes I look at baby pictures on blogs and think "that's unfortunate". {You can't tell me you've never thought that one...}
- I wish I didn't blog so much about my girls. I'm thinking about starting a second blog. A blog about my thoughts independent from diapers and sippy cups.
- Sippy cups? We haven't started sippy cups.
- Sometimes we think how easier life would be if we only had Lillian {love you, Sophie!}
- I don't think I'll publish everything that's saved as a draft.
- I turn 23 on Thursday and I feel like I'll finally be 'legit'. I also said that at 21 and 22, so we'll see.
- I've never understood the comment, "When you have another baby {granted it be one} it will be so much easier!" I'm fairly confident in the fact that I'll still have the twins when Mangel-baby #3 comes along.
- I could wear these shoes every day for the rest of my life and never get sick of them.
Gray Vans. My hero is shoe form.
And yes, that's a giant tub of Red Vines. And yes, it's almost gone. And yes, I've eaten 95% of it by myself.
Let the judging commence.
Man, that felt good. Looking forward to Tuesdays!
I loved this post! I'm glad you did it! I write about my babies and myself on my blog ~ don't feel stuck into only writing about the kids... :) I've seen some pretty unfortunate pictures on blogs, too! Haha! ;) I had our third baby about a year ago, so I've had a taste of what having one baby would be like....but I know that starting out with just one would have been SO ridiculously different for us!
ReplyDeleteThe first year is definitely the hardest with twins!! Hang in there, Mama. :)
i love you. and i love truth tuesdays. i think you're both fantastic.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I definitely have a box of those Cheez-Its in my desk at work. The co-workers share good quality vocab time together whilst we snack.
ReplyDelete"That's unfortunate" hahaha! Love this post. Hi, I'm Cheyenne by the way..I promise I'm not a creeper and I wont steal your fortunate (cute) babies.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I agree with more than 4 of the things that you mentioned! ;o)
ReplyDeletei loved this post too! and those shoes are so great (also LOVE the big tub of red vines. our fave over here, yum!)
ReplyDeleteyou are more than welcome to "steal" ideas from me...i did the same thing!
ReplyDeleteand i LOVE your shoes. pretty sure i need them. i also need a giant tub of red vines. that's now going on my birthday wish list :)
and let's help each other through getting our bachelor's. i am starting to wonder the same thing...but it WILL be worth it...right?!?
I love you. I also love that you can be honest with yourself and others, because this motherhood thing is hard. It makes me sad when mommies won't admit it, and I think in Utah it's a double whammy, since everyone else is doing the exact same thing, and I always felt like they were doing it much better than I was. I think you are a perfect mom for your girls, and you rock. There. I said it.
ReplyDeleteSo with the whole diaper poop thing, are you using flushable liners (when you remember)? If not, look them up, it's the ONLY way to go. Also, Bum Genius has a diaper sprayer that hooks onto the side of the toilet. Just some thoughts! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmm, Red vines!!! Best licorice ever!! I'm not pregnant at all. ;) First thing that came to mind! Ha ha!!! I enjoy reading your thoughts!!! Love ya! :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO FLATTERED that so many of my friends (and blog friends) have adopted the Truth Tuesday! I did it as an excuse to make fun of people (in a general sense) and vent about my daily battles. It always feels SO good. ...stir the pot!!! Good work!!! And yes, a bachelors degree ISSS worth it. Trust me. I finished mine with a new baby and it was HAAAAAAAARD, but now I am So happy I finished.
ReplyDeleteFirst next time you go to the zoo tell me. We have an annual pass! Yeah, we are kind of cool like that! Can you tell I like sarcasm. And not to burst your bubble but we are house hunting and as tempting as the houses in daybreak can be we've heard of a lot of serious issues they are having. My uncle lives there and his basement has been flooded because they didn't do something right with the soil when they developed it. I don't know the entire story but thinking of living on a old landmine or whatever it was before makes me weary. But the houses are gorgeous! And cheap! But probably for a reason. I don't know I've figured house hunting really isn't all that fun. In fact it's just stressful. Very stressful. I loved this post by the way. All your posts really but this was fun. I pretty much only blog about my kids too so it's ok. I like it. But it was fun to hear about you!
ReplyDeletehahaha. I am laughing at my oh so long comment!
ReplyDeleteI need those shoes
ReplyDelete