3.19.2011

Saturday

Saturdays are weird when you're a stay at home mom and your husband has a very unconventional work schedule. Even still, for my entire life, Saturdays have been the day that I get caught up. Caught up on dishes, laundry, general cleaning, homework, etc. I've still tried to maintain that since the girls have come, but it's getting harder because they want to be entertained more and more. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with them, but when you have 4+ loads of laundry sitting on your bedroom floor from last Saturday, something needs to be done.

The solution?
IMG_7491

Elmo. Elmo in Grouchland to be exact. It's quite intense. Take a look...

I told ya so! One of the participants at my old job would have watched this 24/7 if given the chance. It's that amazing. Thankfully, we now own the DVD and my girls are being programed to love Sesame Street as much as their mother did/does. What can I say? We start 'em young at our house.

Don't worry though, the girls watch very little tv. However, did I mention that I had 4 loads of old, clean laundry to put away? Not including the new loads I did today. Yep, Elmo saved the day!

5 comments:

  1. just found your blog....love it.
    adding to my que...just wanted you to know.
    i hope you are doing well and i hope i get to see you and your fam this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Sesame Street in our house! It is the only show (thank goodness!) that Ben and Emma have any interest in. No Yo Gabba Gabba in this house! When Elmo comes on, Emma yells "Mo!" and watches intently until Elmo leaves the screen and then she goes on playing. We looovve Elmo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried elmo with the twins yet! My other boys loved it! Or babies are loving baby einstein right now, it gives me the best 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Elmo is great!!! I love your little ones!

    ReplyDelete