3.24.2011

Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me

Yesterday was wonderful. Why you ask? The sun. It was amazing. After Josh got home from work, we set a blanket out by the playground at our apartment and watched the neighbor kids play. Sophie and Lillian were a little unsure about the bright light, noise and slight wind. They were so concentrated the entire time. Expressionless stares. It was hilarious.

IMG_7497edit2
IMG_7508
IMG_7513B&W

IMG_7527
See at how much Lillian loves Josh? All he has to do is walk up to her and she does this.
She is obsessed with him.

Josh did his favorite activity and tosses Sophie in the air...
IMG_7545 (2)
and the girls took their first ride down the slide (don't worry, no slide burns were made while creating these pictures)
IMG_7534
IMG_7540

The playing kids were very curious about the babies. One in particular wanted to know why they weren't wearing the same clothes {truth is, they were coordinating until Lillian had a blow out in her disposable. I've never had a cloth blow out. Just another reason for fluffy bums}, she also wanted to know if they were talking, if I was pregnant again {yep, way to slaughter a woman's self esteem} and if my camera saved the pictures I took. She was quite entertaining. We were also given some free pizzas from a guy in our ward. I guess the warm weather put everyone in a good mood!

We then decided to go on a walk and Sophie let us know that she didn't want to leave
IMG_7537

We walked around the apartment property (which is a decent size) and then we walked on a pathway across the street. I forgot water and quickly realized how I can't do anything without some H2O (I wish I could make the 2 little...) The walk completely wore the girls out...
IMG_7547

So, we went back inside after playing outside and this was Lillian's reaction

IMG_7552

Adorably sad, right? So spring, please come back soon. Today is much different than yesterday. It's rainy, colder and windier. I'm not surprised, but I was secretly hoping it would last. My entire life, I've laughed at those silly BYU students who are from out of state that go tan on their apartment lawn at the first sign on the sun. Don't they know that this is Utah and the weather changes on a minute to minute basis? Well, I ate my own words yesterday. Although I didn't go tanning on the grass, I took full advantage of the beautiful, beautiful weather. So Mr. Sun, please continue to shine down on us. We need it.
Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. We are rooting for warmer weather with you! Yesterday was a nice tease... But today is just depressing! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! First they aren't sure about being outside and then they love it. What precious girls you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cuties! Love the pictures! LOL Sorry about the kid with questions....they have no filter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your warm weather. We got dumped on with snow again this week and I'm desperate to get out with the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You honestly get the best pictures ever of your cutest-ever girls! We got out and enjoyed the good weather too, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my favorite posts of all time!!! Love the pics. And your writing. Why were you the photog and not a staffwriter?? Louise would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, these girls are so cute.
    I can't believe that it snowed all day today, good thing you got out while you could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We woke up to snow this morning - and a couple of days ago. I'm tired of the rain and wind and snow. C just wants to be outside (he LOVES being outside), but it's too cold to let him be out there - especially 'cause he has a cold right now. *sigh* I'm ready for some warmer weather, too.

    And, your girls are so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete