3.08.2011

Koala rabbits from Hell

Josh: "You'd think cuddling with your baby would be like cuddling with a teddy bear. Not our babies. They're like koala rabbits from Hell."

It's true (although I'm not sure where the koala came from...). They aren't the cuddly type at all. Instead they kick, scratch, giggle and grunt. It's quite a bummer.

IMG_7108

Also, I don't ever think I'm going to get caught up on this blog. I've got (like always) quite a line up of posts that aren't published. It's also quite a bummer.

One more thing (that I added hours after I originally posted) we're going to try baby-led weaning today. After feeble attempts at getting them to eat from a spoon, we're going to give this a try. Really, we've been spoon feeding them every day for weeks now and they still aren't fans. Wish us luck! I'll let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. This made me laugh soooo hard!!!! I love it! :) Ryan is our little Gremlin! Justin laughs everytime I tell him I'm going to make Ryan watch the movie and see his "brothers". He's a Gizmo by day, Gremlin by night! Ha ha ha!
    I hate it when they won't snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are gorgeous! Beautiful big blue eyes and irresistible smiles.
    My boys only snuggle when they're sick...the only upside to having 10x the laundry and being up all night with sick babies I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love their Paul franks!! They are cute girls! I love when u post...sO keep posting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just thought you might like some baby led weaning ideas! We've been doing it for a few weeks and my son loves it! And he is getting so much better. Don't be too scared if they gag a bit at the beginning, he's much better at not gagging - and even swallows decent amounts now - after only a few weeks.

    For breakfast he usually has some fruit (steamed apple/pear/watermelon/half a banana with some of the peel still on to make it easier to grab). I started peeling things but it's easier for him to pick up with the peel on. Also if you cook some oats in the microwave until they are a bit overcooked, then put the bowl in the fridge, it ends up like a big oat pancake which he loves. Also he enjoys french toast (I use mushed banana with a bit of milk to coat), and pancakes.

    For lunch/dinner he usually has some veggies - i steam squash/zucchini/carrots/broccoli. He loooooooves toast, and yesterday tried an omelette - I think that was his favourite thing so far! Basically you just have to be careful about their salt intake, so use unsalted butter for cooking the omelette, etc.

    That's about all I've tried so far but it's a lot of fun! Oh but put their high chairs somewhere easy to clean up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1- steele is NOTTTTT a cuddly baby either!!! he pushes away with all his might. it is quite sad! haha maybe someday he'll turn into a cuddler.

    2- he also HATES food! haha i want to try this baby led feeding method. i am willing to try anything! anything i try putting by his mouth is a no go. i'm afraid i'm going to scare him off of food. but here's the problem- he doesn't put ANYTHING in his mouth. is that normal? i don't think so. so if i put some food on his high chair he probably won't bring it to his mouth. he likes water from his sippy cup but i tried some juice and he spit it out! haha he's such a stinker. if you have any suggestions let me know!!! thanks! :)

    p.s. your girls are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stop looking at that picture because it is just making me smile. Seriously. I made my husband come look at it. GAH SO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie is such a cheeser for the camera. love it!

    ReplyDelete