3.22.2011

Baby led feeding

On Sunday, we went to Josh's parent's house. As we were getting ready to eat lunch, Josh pulled out a banana and handed it to Sophie. This is what happened.
2011-03-20 14.38.22

2011-03-20 14.38.18

2011-03-20 14.38.13

2011-03-20 14.39.07

I love this. The girls do too. They've been protesting eating from a spoon, which pushes me even more to feed them this way. Bananas are soft enough where they can eat them on their own, so they're a really easy food for them (and us). We also tried honeydew (that was actually the first food they had) and is was WAY too slippery for them. Plus they had no idea what to do. Give them a banana though, and it goes straight in the mouth and they chomp away. I like having options for feeding them. I make some food, we buy some food, we hand them some food. It's great.

For some reason, I only have pictures of Sophie eating this way (and they're taking on my phone...yuck), but Lillian is just as good. In fact, Lillian's tooth has broke through her gum! I'm thrilled. It's still tiny and you can only see a sliver of white, but it's there. The solid bananas must feel great on her swollen little gum.

Also, check out the post below if you're interested in coming to a photography workshop with Sharon Johnson. When I found out about it, I told Josh that would be my birthday present and I'm SUPER excited about it.

And yes, I haven't been blogging as much as I wanted to, but I'll get there...

eventually.

6 comments:

  1. we did that with henry too! bananas to be exact. cutest banana eating baby ever, that sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies eating bananas like that is really adorable! Our 1 year old does that and it's still cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea who you are but I know Stephanie Bell and came across your blog. I have 8 month old fraternal twin boys and the similarities in our stories are almost creepy! I love your post about people stopping you when you go out and getting asked the same questions haha. I feel ya! Your girls are beautiful.
    Megan Olson

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'd like an invite to my blot e-mail me.
    meganr15@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did this with the twins. It makes life SOOOOO much easier. They are such good eaters now. still messy but oh well at least they eat it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i love that! your girls are just SO cute!!
    i'm known as the devil aunt..who gives babies real food before anyone else! (so in other words, candy! haha.) i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete