.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wanna hear the craziest part? We're moving Monday. Yep, insane. I've got crazy mixed feelings about it. Remember how much I love Cache Valley? I do. A lot. It's our home. I honestly can picture myself staying here for the long haul and raising our kids here, but as of now, that isn't in the cards for us. I am excited about the move though. We wont exactly be in Salt Lake, but still only a few minutes away from down town. I wont tell you exactly where because you could be a murderer and I hate murderers. However, I will tell you that we'll be 15 minutes away from 4 malls, 2 In-N-Outs, two of my best friends (holla at ur gurlz) way closer to both sides of the family, we'll have a pool, a fitness center (maybe I will actually loose this baby gut I've still got going) and we're in a brand NEW apartment. Yep, we're the first people to live in it! Not to mention Josh got a job that pays more than $10 an hour and it's a job that's definitely more of a career.
So, all in all I am happy. However, it does break my heart to leave this valley. Honestly, Cache Valley feels more like home to me than anywhere else. I love the ward we're in. I love the people I work with (participants and staff). I love that it's got a small town feel without being too small. I love Utah State. I love that I met Josh here. I love that we had our daughters here. I love that we've made this little apartment our home for the past few years. I love it all and am very sad to leave it.
We've (well I) have a list of things to do before we take off. Some of them include...
*The pumpkin walk
*Eat at Fredrico's (we might just have to do that a few times...)
*Go on the Logan river trail at least one more time
*Visit/say farewell to the people I work with
*Go to the Logan temple
The past few days have been crazy. We've went to Salt Lake on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and today. I was SO happy to actually find a livable place. We quickly realized that you get WAY more for you dollar in Logan than you do in Salt Lake. Our rent here isn't even $500 and that basically gets you a closet with graffiti down there. We had to up our budget by a few hundred dollars, but we finally found a place where I didn't feel like I had to carry a machete with me at all times. I'll definitely post pics when we get settled in and you are all invited to come swim in the pool (next summer of course) or hop on the elliptical with me.
And now that I've written a novel, I must leave you to pack. Because did I mention that we move in 5 days and we haven't packed a thing? Not a single thing.
Yeah, crazy.
Buuuuut, I'll leave you with a funny. Oh how I love my girls.
One last thing and then I swear I gotta go pack. I've got a little clue to exactly where we'll be. Can anyone recite the Shane Company commercial??? ;)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
ReplyDelete(i know i already knew about this. but this is maybe the best thing that has ever happened to me. probably right after discovering the cheesy gordita crunch)
WHOA! why is every one moving to SALT LAKE?? so exited for you! And, and, AAAAND:
ReplyDelete"The Shane Company: on the corner of state street and 7200 south. Open Monday through Friday til eight, Saturday til 5, closed Sunday. Now online at Shaneco.com."
:D good luck! You'll have so much fun!
So... I am not seeing the identical thing... I think Lillian and Sophie look distinctly different.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I will be in Utah TWICE in November and Shane will be with me for Thanksgiving... I have never been to in and out and think a meeting there may need to take place
Exciting! I really think I'll have to take you up on the pool offer... :) Your girls just keep getting cuter and cuter!
ReplyDeleteState St, and 7200 S. That's almost exactly where our first apartment was. It was a good apartment, but last November we moved to Bountiful. I will tell you this however, we made a lot of good friends there but we are paying the same price for a bigger place being 5 min north of salt lake instead of 10 minutes south
ReplyDeleteHahaha, awesome clue. Fortunately (or UNfortunately), I CAN recite that commercial! What a great area!! You'll be close to us! We're just a little northeast of you ;) Eeek! What an exciting time for you guys! Good luck with packing/moving!
ReplyDeleteI love the baby toppled picture, haha! Congrats on the new adventure!
ReplyDeleteThis makes me extremely happy! I can now visit you!! WOOT!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to town girl! We'll probably be in Salt lake the rest of our lives, so welcome to the club!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! So happy you'll be closer so I can finally meet these little babes!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly how I felt when we moved from Logan! I love it so much, everything about it. It was so hard going from LOgan rent prices to Salt Lake ones. My friend went from Logan to Bay Area California ones..can't even imagine! I am way sad that I'm missing the Pumpkim Walk as we speak. I almost went up just for that, and I plan to make it a yearly tradition, but Jayson has to fix our car this weekend. Lame. Cars are so lame. Congrats on the new job though!
ReplyDelete