The babies are 8 weeks old today. Sometimes I still get shocked when I walk into their nursery and see 4 little eyes staring at me. It's the greatest thing in the world. Anyways, in the process of taking the pictures I used in yesterday's post, I caught their first "fight". Take a look.
Lillian (brown) and Sophie (pink) started out the photo shoot happy and observant.
Sophie wound up her arm
Lillian squealed while Sophie got distracted by the dryer. She might be the older baby by two minutes, but Lilly has always been bigger, so Sophie needs to watch her back...
Lillian wasn't quick to forgive.
(Totally kidding. This face was caused by me trying to get her to smile. Hilariously ironic, right? I laughed for about an hour straight. )
(Totally kidding. This face was caused by me trying to get her to smile. Hilariously ironic, right? I laughed for about an hour straight. )
I still have a bajillion posts in the making. We made the first overnight trip this weekend in honor of general conference and I was absolutely shocked at how successful it was. I may have been a zombie, but the girls loved being held by the dozens of people we saw and they loved being with both sets of grandparents. I realized fully how much our families love these babies. We didn't even need to bring the bouncy seats other than for sleeping because they were held the entire time. It was a nice break for me (slight confession there) to have so many people willing and excited to hold and play with them. Josh and I even got to go on a 'date' to In-N-Out for about 20 minutes on Saturday night. Talk about awesome.
Their two month appointment isn't until the 12th, so we still have no idea how much they weigh. However, I'm guessing somewhere in the 8lb range. That's a total guess though. All I know, is they aren't my tiny little babies anymore. They are turning into little tanks with fat rolls on their legs. I NEVER thought that day would come. :)
and one more time, I'll leave you with this fantastic picture of Lilly,
And if you didn't catch the post from yesterday, check it out. I'm starting to tell people they're identical because people have started arguing (in a friendly way) with me over it.
Yo dawg. I live in Logan. My work schedule is never set in stone, I don't have any babies, and I'm not in school. i.e. you can call me ANYTIME for baby-help. I would LOVE it. Seriously. Plus, you never have to worry about me saying things like, "yo dawg(s)" to your girls. I don't really talk that way. Ahem...I'm done. And here's my number 801-473-9552.
ReplyDeleteLove, Erin/Foxy
oh. my. gosh.
ReplyDeletethat picture is PRICELESS!!!! i can't believe that was her reaction to you trying to get her to smile. :) i can't get over it.
and i'm so glad the overnight trip went well!! you guys are troopers, and such good parents! aren't "date nights" the best when you have children??
You do know, Brittany, that Lillian is your mini-me, right? Go look through all of your mom's pictures of you until the age of three, and you'll see some eerie similarities...I love that picture of her, and I love you. You are a rockstar mommy!
ReplyDeleteSee? This is why we need to still live next door to you. We could have stuck all the screaming babies in one apartment, left Sadie to "watch" them, and escaped to the other apartment to listen to them scream through the walls.
ReplyDeleteSigh... just kidding. That might be borderline child neglect. :)
By the way, we LOVE gas drops!
I am so sorry about your 3 hour crying episode! You could've called me. I was probably up too as well as many other moms who have new babies right?! :) How do you tell them apart?? The bow? They look exactly alike!
ReplyDeleteBrittany, I don't remember when I commented last, but I just wanted to tell you I think you are doing an awesome job as a mom! You have such a great attitude. These girls are so lucky (and they are SO adorable). I'm so glad they're sleeping better and wow, way to go getting through that 3-hr crying bout. Julia used to do that ALL the time and it tore me up. I can't imagine 2 babies doing that at once... Don't be afraid to call people for help! (wish I could be one of them, but Philly is a little far away) It sounds like you have great people all around you who want their fair share of the girls.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you're doing great and keep sharing pictures! I love them.