I work at a center for people with disabilities in up here in Logan. Last night was our "Friday Night Fun" which meant that I got paid to hang out at the Fun Park with some of the greatest people I know. I drove a few participants, and one girl in particular and I shared a moment. She's hilarious, and usually has something to say constantly. She was rather quite last night on our 30 minute drive to pick up another participant, so I asked her if she'd seen any movies lately in hopes to spark a conversation. What it did spark was a sing-a-thon the entire way. We sang Oliver and Company, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and many many other disney songs. It was great! She impressed me (and made me laugh) so much because she even knew the dialogue that was mixed in with the singing in all the songs. At the end of our singing she turns to me and says, "I'm so happy being 20. It's the greatest time!" She's right. Being 20 has been grand, and sharing a moment of common childhood memories with another human being was priceless. I continued to listen to her sing the whole way, and it really made me realize that even with all the stresses in the world, I have so much to be grateful and happy about. I wish I could write a book that captures all the lessons I've learned from my job, but I can't. You have to live them yourself to fully understand them, but take my word; I have the greatest job ever.
On another note, I really love Logan. I've complained about it before, but driving through Cache Valley for work makes me really see how great of a place this is. If anyone out there is debating to go to USU or not....GO! It's great, and by far the best (sorry BYU pals...) University out there. I love love love it! Again, I can't do it justice to write about it, but if anyone gets the chance to come to this little place for an extended period of time, do it. It's great. When Josh and I are done with school we don't see ourselves staying here, but Cache Valley will always be my home away from home. It's cheesy, but it's so true. I love Logan.
One very last thing. I need to put up some of our professional wedding pictures. With an overbooked photographer, and then a kidney infection that landed her in the hospital, we're just getting them back. They're wonderful though and I'll share some soon.
Life is good guys, life is good.
AMEN! I LOVE USU! And Logan is amazing as well
ReplyDelete