3.05.2009

Crafty

I'm not going to lie, I'm doing pretty good at this blogging thing. I have more to share with my cyber friends than expected. My latest subject of interest involves earrings. If you knew me in high school, this may make you laugh. I haven't always been known as the 'earring type' and actually I was vocal at times for my dislike of jewelry in general. This summer while in Boise with Whitney I bought a few pair. It was big. I didn't know if the holes i my ears were closed up or not, but I thought I'd bite the bullet and become a girl. My roommates were amazed, and I actually liked them. Anyways, for the past few months I've only worn a few pairs of studs. However, I walked in to JoAnn's yesterday and walked out a whole new woman.

I MADE 3 pairs of earrings yesterday! Wow. Me, making something crafty? If you know me at all, that should make you laugh. Brittany and crafty have never been used in the same sentence, until I put them together yesterday. Do you know how amazing craft stores are? The possibilities are endless and I'm addicted. I want to make everything within those walls. (Well almost everything. There are some pretty frumpy things in craft stores...) Painting frames, pots, shelves etc. The endless supply of fabric that's yearining to be turned into pj's or a skirt. Wow oh wow. I made two pair of red button earrings (I gave one to Hailey for her birthday) and a pair of turquoise circles for myself. Josh and I went to have cake and ice ceam with the old roommies, and my earrings have officially inspired craft night. We're starting right after spring break and will rotate between houses every few weeks. Genius. Huzzah for crafts!

4 comments:

  1. uummm...do explain! i want to make some cute earrings. and, post some pics! i want to see these beauties. ps. the picture of you and josh...classic. you two are perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get some pics up soon. It's super easy. If you go into a craft store there's probably a jewelry section, and they'll have the glue and posts/backs for the earrings. I just bought regular buttons and glued them on! The turquoise pair I made didn't have button holes, so we just took pliers and took off the loop on the back. At Joann's they also had the base for dangley ones. I haven't graduated to anything besides buttons, but I'm thinking you could drill holes into stones or something and hang them. Anyways, go to the jewelry section of a craft store. It will change your life! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am so proud of you! Let me know when you have craft night, and maybe I can travel to Logan! I LOVE CRAFTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ashley PLEASE come up! We're getting together at my place with Amanda, Hailey, Lacy and their new roommate Heidi. It's our spring break this week, so I think we're doing it sometime the next week. If you really could come we'd do it on a Saturday or something to make it easier. I'll call you!

    ReplyDelete