8.31.2010

Sophie will one day kill me for this post

Remember when I said that I didn't want this blog to necessarily be taken over by the babies? Or that I wasn't going to post super embarrassing stuff about them? Well, I lied. Here's a little story about my sweet Sophie.

Early this morning, at approximately 4 am, I was changing Sophie's diaper. Both girls were fed and Lillian was changed, so there were only about 3 minutes until my head could hit the pillow. All of the sudden, I lifted her to put on the clean diaper when....EXPLOSIVE poo. I'm not talking about a slight drizzle or anything, I mean EXPLOSIVE. It got all over me (on my clothes and face), the wall (which was a good 2 feet away at least), the dresser, changing pad, trash can, clean onesies that needed to be put away, and the carpet. It was nasty. What did I do? I wiped up the dresser and changing pad, changed my clothes and left the rest of it to clean later. Judge me if you will, but I think last night I was officially initiated in mommyhood. I had been up for well over an hour by this point and thought, "a little poop never hurt a wall." I was right. We all finally fell asleep and the poopy mess was still there in the morning.

So my new mantra is this:

A little poop never hurt a wall.

Hopefully tonight is less exciting.

12 comments:

  1. HAHA I laughed hysterically!!! (And then read it to my husband)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I laughed hysterically!!! (And then read it to my husband)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really shouldn't have read your blog while I was eating dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, you've been officially initiated into motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! So I hope that you are enjoying the twins. They look so precious. I loved your comment on my blog. USU v BYU is the funniest thing I've ever encountered. Ok, that's hyperbole..but really, get over it USU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AWESOME. Ellie did something like that to me while Kevin was sitting here watching and I jumped about a foot in the air. He laughed for about 10 minutes at the look on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! I am sorry! Seriously during the night you almost don't care about anything. You just want your baby to eat, and eat quick, so you can go back to bed. At least thats what happens to me. I am very impressed that you breastfeed both babies around the same time. I'd love to (as I am sure many others would like to read, and it will give you a free blog post) see how your days and nights go. I am sure it's pretty similar to any mother to a newborn, everything is just doubled. I hope you don't mind me requesting that. :) I also love that our girls were born on the same day. It was a very special day that's for sure!! HOpe you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brittany!
    Thanks for entering in my giveaway and following me! That's awesome that you live in Cache Valley! Small world. =)
    Your little girls are just too cute!!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny! I'm sure Sophie will laugh about later (especially when she has her own little squirts... pun intended).

    P.S. I LOVE the header picture of them holding hands!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This may be a little wrong of me to think, BUT how come apartment buildings are fine having multiple explosive baby butts reside on the premisses then refuse to let a little 6 pound POTTY TRAINED dog live there? Kids are way more destructive to apartments. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This may be a little wrong of me to think, BUT how come apartment buildings are fine having multiple explosive baby butts reside on the premisses then refuse to let a little 6 pound POTTY TRAINED dog live there? Kids are way more destructive to apartments. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Random blog stalker. Found via James and LIndsey Swan. WE're having twins (#2 and #3) in March and are scared to death! Glad to find more "new" twin moms!

    andrea roche

    ReplyDelete